Got baked and bought item twice in Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by swimswimswim, Mar 25, 2012.

1. So a few days ago my girlfriend and i went to see a movie, we smoked a few bowls of ak-47 and decided to go to wal-mart to pick up some crap because we were early. my girlfriend buys a laptop cover at the electronics but doesn't get a bag for it and i put the receipt in my pocket. we get some other shit and pay for it at the main checkout and one of us threw the laptop cover on hahaha.

When we were walking out i was wondering why the hell i had two receipts and went through my mind. the customer service lady laughed at us and gave us the 17$ back. :smoke: we went to king-china afterwards and slammed our asses with a buffet.

2. haha I've done the same shit

3. That's hilarious. But I refuse to support Wal-Mart in any way, shape, or form.

4. [quote name='"Nash92"']That's hilarious. But I refuse to support Wal-Mart in any way, shape, or form.[/quote]

Just curious, why?

5. Me too I'm alll for it.............WHY MAN!!!!........why (whispers):poke:

6. Pretty sure wal Mary exploits 3rd world countries for labor, thus their prices are cheap.

they pay their laborers even less like a couple cents for what they do and sell the products for much more and profit.

7. Im guessing its because...

there is a whole documentary on it which explains how walmart exploits its workers. They will under higher so that those employed have to work extra hours. (ex: Hey you think you could just work an extra hour today?- turns into an extra 3). The health insurance offered is so expensive that with the wages offered one cannot actually afford it. They also move into towns and make all the family owned business's go out of business because they (family businesses) cannot afford to compete with the Giants prices. just a few of the reasons one could hate it..

8. [quote name='"GillyTHEkid"']Pretty sure wal Mary exploits 3rd world countries for labor, thus their prices are cheap.

they pay their laborers even less like a couple cents for what they do and sell the products for much more and profit.[/quote]

Interesting, I've never heard of this scandal, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Alot of corporations take advantage of laborers from other 3rd world countries.

9. Walmart actually over hires and keeps the majority of their workers working less than forty hours a week, so it's not considered a full time job. This allows them to avoid offering benefits and insurance like a full time job would. Walmart sucks ass. Go to Target.

10. Walmart: The High Cost of a Low Price. Thats the documentary if you wanna watch it - its on youtube.

11. I dont really like walmart either. Recently i went their for a job interview. Went through two interviews and filled out paperwork then ended up getting a slip togo to this clinic and get a drug test. Wtf im working for walmart as a sales associate. Obviously wasnt gunna pass so i never went

12. :rolleyes:Free markets?

13. No one forces children into work remember, children do so willingly because they obviously live in a area and state of poverty where it is in their and their families intrest to do so and thus seek whatever employment they can get. We don't allow child labour here, but that's not here. And there it actually does more good than harm.

14. #14 Oh Well Whatever, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    And your obviously iggnorant as to how the minimum wage does more harm than good I guess aswell.
    Look up Walter Block that's a good explanation.

15. He never finished answering that question, I sent the video before I watched it myself, i thought he would explain it. But as usual he had no time to answer one thing and got drawn into a bunch of other topics.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca8Z__o52sk]Milton Friedman on Minimum Wage - YouTube[/ame]

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uko08lB3Yis]LPAC 2011: Walter Block - Pt.1 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGgHJHoiKk]LPAC 2011 Walter Block Pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    part 2 just for your enjoyment.

17. [quote name='"Manik209"']

Just curious, why?[/quote]

Let's be honest walmart eliminates the ablility to have a store that sells the same kinda shit as walmart because walmart is super cheap

18. [quote name='"GillyTHEkid"']

they pay their laborers even less like a couple cents for what they do and sell the products for much more and profit.[/quote]

if you look at walmart's financial statements and compare it to target's they actually don't mark up their goods as much as target does. They just are able to sell more goods and cents add up when you're doing a whole bunch of sales : (net income/ net sales)x1billion

19. Same reason I started to not buy Nike products anymore.

20. [quote name='"MartyMcFly0420"']Same reason I started to not buy Nike products anymore.[/quote]

Yeah but nike is fuckin sick