Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got arrested

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fluke, Apr 7, 2008.

1. "Welcome, Fluke.
    You last visited: 05-02-2006 at 10:37 PM"

Hey y'all, it was about 9:15 PM. I was dropping off so weed I'd picked up for someone earlier. I was going to stash it at our work place for him to come and get the next day. but after pulling in and taking a couple of steps away from my car, a cop pulls in, in front of me. As I walk around to the side of his car, he gets out and starts looking me over and tells me to pull my hand out of my coat pocket (inside which I was grasping two bags of weed),Then ask me what I was doing. He shines his flash light at the outside of the pocket and tells me to put my hands on his hood, which, looking back I probably should have said "no".
    Anyway, he starts frisking me and as he feels over my "weed pocket," he feels the soft packages and doesn't hessitate to stuff his hand right on in. When that happened, I freaked out and tried to stop the search. He threw me on the hood and from there I was under arrest.
    After leaving me with another cop, he walks around the building I work around, he says we are going to his office to "have a little chit-chat." when we get there he says something along the lines of me being a "little fish" and that he would be willing to "throw me back" if I helped him get a "big fish." I made up an imaginery person, who didn't even smoke, who was just hooking me up. And I refused to rat on the imaginery hook up or imaginery dealer. From there I went to jail.

2. it's bull shit isn't it man!! :mad: You went to jail for having flowers in your pocket!
    What kind of a fucking society do we live in???!

I'm sorry you got busted man, and full props for not ratting out your dealer!

Contact a norml lawyer, you never know what they can do for you! http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3445

GL man!!

3. i hate the way police just abuse their authority. at least u didn't snitch, + rep for that man

4. wow
    his search sounds like complete bullshit
    definitely talk to a lawyer about that
    it sounds to me from your story that the only reason he searched you was because you were walking at night
    which hardly warrants a search of your body
    hope you can get it worked out

5. Thats messed up. I can imagine you freaking out when his hands went into your pocket, then you get resisting arrest. Ive heard that "big fish" line used on cops all the time. Thing is, they usually DO let the guy go. He freaking just lied to you. So what did you end up getting?

6. a narc tried that shit wit me, but i played his ass like a fool and got out of it, fuckin pig

7. What the hell kind of probable cause did he have? Isn't a frisk just to search for weapons? There's no way he would have known for a fact that you had bags of bud in your pockets. I'd probably try to fight that

8. you aint getting shit worked out. bunch of idealists here, or so it seems.

its unfortunate, homeboy. i think you should have lied and told hiim about tommy c on the corner who wears the green hat (no, he doesnt exist) so's to perhaps get a chance to get the cuffs off. cops love to feel important. nothign would have made hiim happier than chasing wild geese.

get a lawyer. he's not going to get you off scott free by any means, of course. instead, he's gonna make sure they play by the rules and stay honest, and let you know the best course to take.

that being said, my lawyer for my dui when i was a lot younger was almost 3 grand... something to think about.

9. I haven't been sentenced or anything yet. My court date is May 1st. I was in jail about 2 hours before I was bonded out. I'm not sure about how all this is supposed to work. But talking about it does help.

10. Damn man.
    Your username fits. It was a FLUKE.

You were in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong hands in the wrong pocket while being confronted by the wrong cop.

There are soooooo many billions of ways that story could have gone and it looks like you got the short end of the stick

Im sorry man.

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

Ill smoke one for you today man.

11. fucking cops. good luck man

12. Damn man, sorry to hear. It's bullshit what happened, but now you just gotta fight it and hope for the best.

13. Hate to tell you this man but with 2 bags of weed they my come at you for distribution. Did word get back to your work? Sucks man, sorry.

14. dude fucc that they had no right to search you you should be able to fight that u really should have said no to the search but you didnt so just try and fight that

15. dude definitely fight that shit. its so bullshit when cops abuse their power to search people. from what i understand, he had no probable cause...meaning he could not have held you there and should not have searched you
    it's bullshit how you can be arrested for possessing a flower...

16. Wow!, thats sounds Insane, police abusing there power?!?! Btw :hello: for not snitching.

17. i got arrested with a quarter ounce and paraphernalia off of an illegal search. (asked me to sign the search warrant, I said no, they searched anyways...they also found an apsirin in my backpack and were tryin to get me to admit it was ecstasy...but thats beside the point). Went to jail for a few hours, had court the next morning. I was only charged with posession and this was my first offense. I walked up to the judge, the lady explained my case, and the judge just said "I'll be willing to drop the case if you pay $350 in court fees and don't get caught again in 6 months". Although I probably could have fought it for it being an illegal search, I agreed. So I'm on probation till june, but I don't have to get tested or anything.

Anyways, just thought that might help you out with gettin an idea of what may happen. I was kinda worried about it also, but it really wasn't that bad. Again, this was just my experience and depeding on if this is your first offense and where you're located it might be different (I'm from MA by the way), but its never anything too serious if its just poesession. Good luck man!

edit: oh yea, I got the "little fish / big fish" offer also...i just laughed at them

18. Damn dude. Just chill and lay low for awhile... I'm dreading the day i get arrested for the herb.

19. Fuckin pigs.
    Hope all goes well in court. It sounds like an illegal search, so bring on a lawyer. GL.

20. I agree man, it really is utter bullshit! I can't wait till marijuana is legalized so people can stop enduring this hardship.