Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got arrested this weekend...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ninety, Jan 29, 2008.

1. this weekend was not a good one for me... made some stupid decisions ended up wrecking my car and to top it off got a dui to along with a list of other charges, i guess you could say god was with me a little that night because of all people my boy drove by before the cops came and i was able to give him all my pot ( i had two eighths and a dub on me) which is great because i avoided getting charged with possesion and probably intent to distribute which would have made me even more fucked than i already am. Any body else had a situation like this and if so any advice. I had my hearing today and got a date for my trial so if you guys have any advice with how to approach this the helps greatly appreciated.

2. Lawyer.

Best 5 grand I ever spent.

3. If you aren't in a state where it's a felony then I wouldn't get a lawyer. It's not worth the 5 grand if it isn't a felony. I would just put a guilty plea in and you probably will get off with a fine. But if It's a felony I would definitely get a lawyer and try and plea it down to a misdemeanor.

4. Just dont represent yourself, never a good idea. If you dont want to spend the cash go with a public defender; because contrary to what you see on tv, some of them are actually very qualified

5. so what exactally are your charges and do you have a previous record ?? Ive had a little bit of experiance with getting arrested. Only thing you need to know till you really get to sit down and talk to a lawyer is to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. dont tell the cops anything, they will use anything against you and tell you that they will help you out and talk to the judge if you give them a statement. Dont believe a word of it.

6. i did that and they dropped my case completely. im also hopefully going to harvard for law school some day lol

7. Also, most people won't be paying 5 grand like I did, I had to have my lawyer show up at 4 different dates. Most lawyers cost like 900-1200$ for appearing in court once. Most people only need their lawyer once.

8. maybe the exception that proves the rule or there were extenuating circumstances... But as a general rule, representing yourself (even if you are a lawyer yourself) is not a good idea

9. DOnt let a public pretender sell you out, best bet is to get a paid attorney.

10. yeah i spent about 7500 total and got out of a DUI. its a rough time, but you gotta do what you gotta do

11. Luckily I will never deal with a DUI cause I don't drink!

12. for sure. I got fucked hardcore. My public defender didn't even show up for my court date for a graffiti charge that I was trying to get reduced. His assistant who I never met showed up to "defend" me

I got: 85 hours community service, 6 month license suspension, $900 fine and 7 months of drug court/probation (I didn't even get caught with drugs)

13. you can get a DUID. Driving Under the Influence of Drugs.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6492 NORML fool!

14. 1. Go to a few AA meeting they suck but look good.
    2. Do 24 hours community service.
    3. Take a Driver Improvement Class.

This is all a lot of work but it gurentees lighter sentencing.
    The choice is yours.

15. Only certain people qualify. DUI probably does not.

16. eh, i only got arrested once with possesion. got a fine, because all i had was a dime sack on me. big fine though but nothing big like i hear most of the stories on here lol.. you got lucky though. some of my boys got caught with some weed and had there car impounded. taken apart to look for other drugs..

you gotttttttt luckyy man

17. god damn bro that sux man jus pull threw it bro

18. My only advice is get a lawyer or public defender. They know waaaaaaay more about the law than anyone here ever will, and may be able to really help your case out.