got arrested. any advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by MANontheMOON84, Aug 28, 2011.

1. got charged with a class b misdemeanor for possession (less than a goddamn g)
    have court next Friday and was just looking for some advice. it my first time getting arrested so don't know what to expect. should I hire a lawyer? what kind of penalties am I looking at?

2. probably probation with frequent drug tests

get ready to spend a lot of money :(

3. You got thrown in jail for less than a g?

Do you live in texas?

4. Don't hire a lawyer, it'll make the court think you're trying to fight the charge. Just take the probation and frequent drug tests.

5. #5 MANontheMOON84, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    fuckin right I do. houston...

and can't a lawyer get it expunged from my record?

6. #6 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 28, 2011
    Lol the only reason they would think he's fighting te charges is if he fights the charges

If he can afford it, a lawyer is always helpful.

7. #7 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 28, 2011
    ...Katy?

8. I got no advice for you dude, anything under a OZ is just a ticket here!

9. sucks man just depends on what state you live in...in my state as long as you went to court and could pass a piss test you'd probly just get some type of fine no probation.

also..you should never have even got caught honestly with less "than a g"...that is such an insignificant amount and you should have ate that shit without hesitation...obviously all situations or run ins with the law are different but non the less if at all possible you should have eaten it.

10. #10 MANontheMOON84, Aug 28, 2011
    yup that's were I was arrested too

11. A lawyer may be able to get the charge lessoned to disorderly conduct or something.

12. God damn I hate the cops around here.

I was almost arrested for the same shit. I just had a little shake in my car and the Katy cops call in the whole brigade in on me

13. you probably won't smoke for a good 3 months

14. If it's a first offense, you attend court, respect the judge, and act as if you've genuinely learned a lesson, often times a first offense (with such a small amount) you can get the misdemeanor dropped if you agree to the courts terms. Usually (and I say that because ever case and every place is different) the terms are probation, drug classes, and a small fine. When completed, it should get dropped to the same offense as a municipal infraction (parking ticket kind of stuff).

A lawyer in this case probably won't be too helpful. You'll spend the money, but the court will still probably offer you the same options. Also, don't plead guilty. Plead no contest. This is pretty much saying you agree to what the judge is telling you and you'll have the opportunity to discuss your case. Good luck man.

15. DO NOT fucking pay for a lawyer for such a minor charge.

A lawyer will charge u a G for something a public defender can do for free.

16. This one time, I ate my weed because I was smoking on my friends porch and a cop car passed his house. Nothing happened. Everybody laughed at me.

I was sooo baked though...

17. That sucks. If you get caught in Norway you'll probably have to take piss tests and if you fail the tests in the middle of the tests you can get in some trouble, but if you fail in the beginning it's aight since of course you're not clean when you was caught with weed.

I wouldn't sweat it too much since I've heard it's about the same in the states. The only thing that sucks about it is that you won't be able to smoke in 6 to 12 months. A lot, and I mean MOST of my friends that have had to take piss tests, when they were minor, faked it. They got piss from others who were clean and just told the people where they took the tests that they couldn't piss when someone was watching. It works every time.

18. shit yah you might have probation or hours. I've been in court before and there was this 13 or 14 year old kid who got busted with about a gram and it was like the judge was teaching him a lesson or something. Was totally talking down to him like he was a meth addict. He got probation.

19. But they have no problem prescribing meth to that same kid for ADHD :hello:

20. better safe then sorry lol :smoking: ...A year ago I was burning a joint on the way to work at 6am an a cop pulled me over so I just ate the joint. It totally reeked of nug they searched my shit up an down but I didn't have anything at all besides that joint I ate lol. They just kept sayin fucked up shit to me and I just kept telling them I had no clue what they were talking about and that I understood if they were doing their jobs :cool:. To this day have never seen two officers so pissed off that they had to let me go with a seat belt ticket.