Got an Author?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tyro01, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Anyone know of an author that uses morals in his/her stories such as irony, or "its too good to be true"?

If just one of you guys could give me a name that would be greatly appreciated. Ty blades!

2. It helps some, kinda gets me on the right track. I need an author that intersects with me though, and the morals i write about.

+rep for helpin some

3. [​IMG]

This book is great. Its a bunch of short stories that deal with drugs, moral choices, and ultimatlely doing the right thing. Brief encounters with che guevara - Ben Fountain.

4. Henry David Thoreau and John Steinbeck are two pretty moral authors. Check out The Pearl by Steinbeck.

5. The Crying of Lot 49 or Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon,
    it does not strike me as a 'moral' book in the more abstract sense of 'The Book Of Virtues' or Aesop's Fables kind of morals exactly, but 'Lot 49' is one of my all time favorites.
    But if you're on GrassCity then Inherent Vice may be the kind of thing you're looking for Mr. Pynchon invents the genre 'Psychedelic Noir', chockfull of paranoia, ganja, and much, much more.

6. i'd hate to beat a dead horse, but Inherent Vice is really just golden, man,
    this video, narrated by Pynchon himself, does a better job of summarizing it than I could do,
    good hunting, sir!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWKPdDk0_U]YouTube - Inherent Vice, Thomas Pynchon - 9781594202247[/ame]