Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got a vape but need help ...please?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by WeeD BurPs, Apr 7, 2009.

1. alright i got my vape couple days ago (maybe week) and it was only 125 canadian so its i didnt go overboard on it but im still satisfied with what it does

its temp range is from 200-400. im assuming this is celcius. i do it up at 260 and the weed turns up still kinda blackish. this is how ive always been smoking it. after a couple hits it makes me cough. is coughing normal when vaping? is it the thc irritating the lungs or am i baking it to high. anyone with the same temp range on their vape, what should i lower it to?

a little while ago i picked up spitting after smoking weed and most of the time there is some dark tarry shit in my spit, resin/tar looking stuff. when getting my vape i was hoping that this would go but still everytime i toke and spit a little bit of this DISGUSTING tarry stuff comes out in my saliva. what is this??????? i dont want it

PLEASE HELPED A CONFUSED STONER. THANKS

2. Don't know about the spit, but sometimes the hot air from the vape makes me cough.

3. Try turning down the temperature significantly lower and give it 5-10 minutes to warm up.

4. #5 lwien, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    Which vape did you get?

Blackish is not good. You want that duff to be light to medium brown and no more dark than the color of tobacco.

Coughing is not normal when vaping, but unlike smoke, vapor doesn't give you too much of a warning when you've exceeded your lung capacity for THC, but when you do, it won't waste any time in letting you know.;)

5. the color of vaped weed should be similar to tobacco(lightish brown)

you want the tempeture to be below the combustion tempeture of weed

6. This is exactly why ive never purchased a vape." Is it working?? i think so... no its definetly not working"

7. Yeah, there's a bit more to workin' a vape but imho, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.

MUCH healthier.

More efficient at extracting THC, thereby using a BUNCH less bud to get high than you do with any kind of smoking, so that vape pays for itself in no time.

Much tastier. No smoke and ash to cover up those flavors.

And I like the high better, which is totally subjective. The high on a vape is more of a clear head high without the couch lock that you get from taking in toxins like carbon monoxide and such.

But hey, there's people paying 10 bucks a pack for cigarettes in New York City, so there will always be those that just like to smoke............no matter what the cost.

8. Agreed. It takes a week or two to find the right setting on your vape and to get used to it, but once you do you will love vaping.

9. #10 Demonballer, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Most important thing about vaporizers HOLD THE HIT IN TELL ITS GONE! its not like smoke, it does not go stale in your lungs in a few seconds, its also not bad like smoke so the whole point is to absorb it into your lungs. You dont need to blow any thing out, its just wasting vapor. Holding your breath increases the pressure in your lungs which increases the rate of the thc particles being absorbed into your lungs. I find that a lot of people who dont think vaporizers are really more efficient are just blowing out vapor because they are so used to doing it with smoke.

The coughing problem might be because your inhaling really hot dry air. Depending on what type of vape your using it could be a simple fix like getting a longer tube. Also, if you have a bong hook your vape up and take some hits throught that. See if it helps the coughing at all.

And about the temperature thing, start with it as low as it will go, let it heat for a while then try taking two or three drags. If nothing comes out turn it up a tiny bit, wait for it to heat up and try again. Find the lowest possible temperature you get any vapor at. Then mark or write it down so you dont get high and forget. Then you can just start at that temperature. Then take a few hits until you dont get any more, turn it up 5-7 degrees and get another hit or two and continue the process until it wont hit any more. The last few hits taste like shit, but I think you get different things vaporizing at different temperatures.

The black spit thing is fucking wierd. You might be a dinosaur, do you look like this?
    [ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmadlo119/2074304965/"]Spitting dinosaur on Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]
    [​IMG]

10. Turn that temp way down first. Also when you vaporize the air you suck in is very dry from the heat. If you can, attach it to a waterpipe. Or just take smaller draws and have some cold water on hand.
    If you are a heavy SMOKER(vape is so different), and you recently took a break, your lungs are trying to naturally heal itself, by getting rid if tar/redin that's built up in your throat and lungs. If you don't stop spitting resin with a month then go to a doctor

11. Uh...........I can hold a vapor hit for 30 seconds and still blow out vapor clouds.

While hot air is a contributing factor, the fact is, is that THC is a lung irritant. Take in too much THC and guess what? You cough, even if that vapor was ice cold.

12. 5-10 warm up time. 365f is what mine is always at don't know what that is in celsius. 365, 365 a year

As for the coughing I always kinda choke up not so much cough though. I get like a nice almost menthol like cool feeling in my lungs. ahhhhh

13. Wow that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I have 2 vapes and yea maybe on the first time I used it had some trouble with it but if you have half a brain it shouldn't be too hard. I've never had my vape on and not been able to tell if its working or not. That's also why you don't buy a cheapo vape, you get what you pay for.

14. This :smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. Take smaller hits and hold it in longer. Problem solved.

16. I'll try that, but I bet I'll still blow out some vapor clouds.

17. practice, you can do it.

18. I can dooooooo eeeeeet !!!:hello::hello: lol.

I'll give it a shot later......

19. #20 Zach P, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Ive found that even having my vape slightly too high will cause it to burn my bud. turning it slightly black is too much heat, a color change to brownish-gold means time to pack a new bowl.;)

p.s. if you really burn the weed, the stench is reasonably strong. I've heard people say it smells like burning popcorn, but i don't smell it...