got a slight problem. help?

Discussion in 'General' started by randal is legen, Feb 16, 2009.

1. okay so i was going to get a job, and for this job i had to take a drug test. i got some pills (STAT Detox pills to be exact) and i took them and also drank some pickle juice. its been a few days since the test and i get a call from the employer saying i need to call the doctor and let them know of any kind of perscriptions im taking.

my question is, what could they be looking for thats in my urine that could cause a problem? should i tell them ive been working out and taking some kind of supplement to gain muscle?

i'd really appreciate anyones help on this issue.

2. It's a standard question when going for a drug test, you probably forgot to answer it on your forms. Just be honest, lying about your scripts could come back to haunt you, as you probably had to sign a legal form giving them permission to check your urine, any mis-truths will most likely disqualify you from the job.

Don't forget, that they will probably check any werid drugs you tell them. For example, if you claim you're taking Marinol, they'll ask to see the prescription bottle.

3. but im not taking any perscriptions..

4. Then tell them that. Look, what's the worst thing that can happen? You don't get the job? Whoop-de-doo. Personally I've never wanted to work somewhere that they're going to predicate my employment on what I do outside of the workplace.

But like I said, don't lie about it, especially for employment purposes. It's called fraud and could get you into big trouble.

5. thanks for the reply. and i know what you mean about them worrying about what you do outside of the workplace. im on hold with the doctor right now, haven't talked to him yet, but im going to tell him that i haven't been taking any perscriptions just muscle supplements to gain muscle and vitimin pills too. idk, if i dont get the job its gonna suck but there's always other places.