Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got a referral without asking.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BipolarsBane, Jan 30, 2017.

1. I went to a new GP today due to getting new insurance, and in the process of going through intake told them I was using cannabis for pain management. They asked where I was getting it, and I informed them I was going through online sources. To summarize the rest, they were fine with the idea I was using cannabis but upset I was going through the internet to get it.

They recommended I go see a local cannabis clinic and gave me a referral, despite me never asking for one. If things go well at the clinic, I can get a recommendation for medical cannabis and be eligible for my states MMJ program.

Any advice anyone here can give me on what I can expect, or what kind of questions I should be looking to answer would be much appreciated. I'm going to keep using cannabis either way, but I'd much prefer to have a card legitimatizing it and be able to go to dispensaries instead.

Thanks!