Got a question about the VEg. stage

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clemson420, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Can i veg. under 24hrs of lighting for the whole time? im on day ten now of veg. its 3 nirvanas papaya thats being grown. do you think i can quit veg. in 5-6 weeks and flower for 2 months and have a decent yeild. i will be flowering with a 400w hps.

2. I think it is preferable that the plants have a period of darkness, as happens in nature.

3. Apparently there is no difference between veg in 18/6 or 24 light cycle. Except that your lights and plants get a 6 hour break with the 18/6 and the power bill won't be as high as 24h.

4. ill go get a timer tom. and go to 18/6.....damn i cant wait to get quailty buds

5. clemson420, i hope youre not on campus. i was in the dorms last year and I don't think it would be a good idea to grow there.

6. I have used 24/7 for the majority of veg. then a week before going to 12/12 I drop it down to 18/6. It is that week of 18/6 I cut my clones. I'm not sure if it is correct to do this, but it works well for me. I usually gain an inch or more of growth a day using this method w/ no problems to the plants or lights.

7. not in a dorm just a fan