Got a question....about girly pushups

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DojaCFR, Nov 24, 2011.

1. First time posting in this section, but fig u guys could help me.

Im in rehab and physical therapy for a back injury (cause unknown at this time) and one of the exercises I have to do is pushups,

But they don't let me do real pushups, just girl style, well not even that really. I keep my waste down and push the upper body up

The point being I guess to straighten and help my injured back

My question is can these pussy fake ass pushups help my arm muscles? Like dual purposes?

If it doesn't idc, its for my back...but if it would do SOMETHING id feel a little better.

2. i can see how regular push ups can strain your back especially if the strength isn't fully there... maybe try sit ups? that flexes your back but most of the tension is on the abs. or do something with a slight twisting motion using your torso. throw a frisbee or something.

3. I'd assume rehab people know their shit.

Better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to well being.

4. Oh yea,

Im def doing them either way. I just wanna know if its helping my arms as well

5. Not good advice at all, especially for someone with a bad back. Situps are known to put an excessively large amount of pressure on your spine. I wouldn't even recommend sit-ups to a healthy individual.

Incorporate donkey kicks, crunches (barely lift your head and neck up when doing crunches), and side planks into your workouts. However start with the easy versions of donkey kicks and side planks and work your way up.

If you don't know what those are, and if you can't find them on google, I will make a demo video and upload it onto youtube for you so you can see what I'm talking about.

6. #6 dariolovesdeb, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    Oh yeah and I mean it should help your arms. It's better than not doing anything with them at all, no?

And your injury is a cumulative injury; as in there was one nerve/muscle in your back that you have been stressing awkwardly and in a repetitive fashion over time. Not enough to injure you right away and to feel stress on that specific location, but just enough so that over a long period of time it eventually gave out. It's not uncommon for someone to injure their back from picking up a pencil off of the floor for the same reason. So really there is no 'one' incident that injured your back. There is a reason, it's just that you can't pinpoint it to one event.

7. Thank you.

But by no reason I mean they are not sure why exactly.

July/Aug I had a cancer in my throat and back pain, they removed the mass and said the backpain would go away (prob pressure on a nerve or something), but it just kept getting worse.

They gave me xrays but no obvious signs of problems and an MRI to check if cancer or infection had spread but that was negative as well.

I been to the er too many times and am now on a list as a "pill seeker" so no more meds from the er. And my doctor is against narcotics. And I failed a drug test for THC so she thinks im a junkie.

Been in rehab for 2 months and its helped to a point but not made it go away...

But thank you for the replies. Id rep but im on my phone

8. if xrays cant find anything then it has to be the nerve. idk, the pain might be due to inflamation. so eat fish and brochlli and anti inflamtion foods. give your body time to heal its self.

9. [quote name='"DojaCFR"']I been to the er too many times and am now on a list as a "pill seeker" so no more meds from the er. [/quote]

Holy shit. You've got to be fucking kidding me. How'd you get on that list? That's really fucked up and I'm sorry that's happened.

10. [quote name='"sharpiekg"']if xrays cant find anything then it has to be the nerve. idk, the pain might be due to inflamation. so eat fish and brochlli and anti inflamtion foods. give your body time to heal its self.[/quote]

They don't think its nerves, I've been in Physical Therapy and its helped ALOT...but I've reached a plateau and don't seem to be getting better past the point im at. Im guessing my muscles/nerves are getting better but my spine (the actual spine hurts, even to the touch) doesn't get better past a point. Im getting better I think but I take Tylenol daily and smoking helps...but then I fail drug tests,,cuz florida not medical (yet)

[quote name='"stoneheir"']

Holy shit. You've got to be fucking kidding me. How'd you get on that list? That's really fucked up and I'm sorry that's happened.[/quote]

By going to the ER when I couldn't sleep/move/walk and they give me hydrocodone, that helps, but then when it ran out (only prescribe 15 cuz of the new laws) id lapse back into pain. So id go back...and after so many visits the last time I was in there the head nurse bitch came in and closed the door and explained to me that I had been in too often and under the new laws set forth by our great governor, I was not eligible for more narcotics. Also told me that since I admitted (never had a problem before) that I used marijuana for pain and sleeping that it raised suspicion. I then found out that my main doctor was concerned cuz I failed a piss test for THC so I must be a fuckin junkie.

Pisses me off, I am always honest with my doctors about my weed usage, and have never gotten beef for it. I've even been asked;

"Do you use any drugs?"
    "I smoke weed"
    "But nothing else?" Or "oh im not concerned about that"

In my experience most doctors don't seem to care about my marijuana usage, the only negative comments I ever got from a doctor was about SMOKING weed, he recommend (off the record) that I vape.

My mother and my sister both were told that its fine to smoke while pregnant as long as not excessive and the relaxation could benefit the pregnancy.

My wifes currently pregnant and doesn't smoke often but she's told her doctor and he's aware and fine with it..

FUCKING ASSHOLES!...

Ok, sorry I got off on a rant...I need to go smoke something

11. Have u ever considered seeing a chiropractor? It may offer some help as an adjunct to PT, especially if you have yer xrays/mri for them to look at since they analyze them biomechanicaly where MDs look for gross pathology. Besides their adjustments helping they could prolly give u a lil more rehab advice u could bounce off yer PTs and see wat they think

To yer original question, meh cant hurt. Especially if you do them slow and rly try to focus on yer triceps doing the lifting
    Im shocked you get that pill seeker blacklist, esp in central florida where we are steretyped as pushing pills to everyone...just read an article saying FL writes 85% of the total opioid RXs in the country...one dr just got arrested because he alone wrote more scripts than the total amount written by every dr in cali!

Best of luck, sounds like a rough situation with cancer and all sortsa back pain

12. [quote name='"mhughes"']Have u ever considered seeing a chiropractor? It may offer some help as an adjunct to PT, especially if you have yer xrays/mri for them to look at since they analyze them biomechanicaly where MDs look for gross pathology. Besides their adjustments helping they could prolly give u a lil more rehab advice u could bounce off yer PTs and see wat they think

To yer original question, meh cant hurt. Especially if you do them slow and rly try to focus on yer triceps doing the lifting
    Im shocked you get that pill seeker blacklist, esp in central florida where we are steretyped as pushing pills to everyone...just read an article saying FL writes 85% of the total opioid RXs in the country...one dr just got arrested because he alone wrote more scripts than the total amount written by every dr in cali!

Best of luck, sounds like a rough situation with cancer and all sortsa back pain[/quote]

Yea the pill mill thing is the cause of this bs