Got a question about CO2

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by delpfranco, Oct 6, 2010.

1. I havn't been able to get a regulator for my CO2 tank yet and I have a 10 x 10 area sealed pretty good. I've been giving them a 20 second blast of CO2 in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I will be getting a regulator soon but can someone estimate if this is enough or should I give them more.

2. maybe longer, having more co2 is like havin more light its always a good thing

3. nah not always I once got a bad leaking tank and it turned all my plants yellow and almost killed them...that is why I'm a bit hesitant lol.

4. from co2 i never heard of that happening from co maybe nute burn did that
    i dont kno maybe im wrong you should get more opinions

5. That is no where near enough. Proper use of CO2 requires the use of a digital PPM controller. I wouldn't bother with it until you are ready to do it up proper. Especially in a room that big.

6. Could have been toxic off gassing of some material in the room.

7. one day green and lush, no change in ppm nutes what ever, then put new tank in... its full next day its empty plants all yellow..... Don't take a rocket scientist in my humble opinion...everything in excess is bad....What I was told it's exactly like a nute burn cause the plant goes crazy with all the CO2.

8. I don't think it was the gas. From all that I've read, plants can't OD on CO2. They can simply close their stomata to prevent any damage, if any damage would occur at all. We use very high Co2 concentrations to kill garden pests like spider mites. The plants never show any I'll effect. Then again... You never know.