Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got a Possession of Marijuana, Trying to apply for a DoD job

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deepfried2470, May 12, 2011.

1. Hey all,

So last november I got an infraction for the possession of marijuana in california. Im a fourth-year college student and I've worked for the DoD the last two summers as an intern. I was again offered a DoD internship this year.

Now that I accepted the position, I am filling out my National Security Questionnaire that details your life in the last 10 years (the SF-86). This year, I have to answer yes to have used a controlled substance in the last 7 years, and have I ever been involved in the illegal possession of marijuana in the last 7 years.

Its been 6 months since the incident, does anyone know the chances of getting the job or not? Any help is appreciated, especially from those who have undergone the same thing.

Thanks

2. Lets put it this way, lying would be worse.

3. haha yeah, i was definitely not going to lie on this. they are going to know. but im definitely also not putting that i smoked everyday for years, i will be downplaying it.

4. Are they asking that?

5. they are asking dates of use, type of drug, and frequency

they have no way of knowing when i started or how often. i dont even know the correct answer to that

6. Yeah I got to fill out the same shit. Just answer as honestly as you can. They arent expecting you to know everything, but they will find out if you purposely lied on your poly

7. I know I won't need to take a poly, I've had this job for the last two summers as an intern. What do you think about my chances? Its just a 10 week job, but I need it to pay for my rent over the summer.

8. No poly? Luck bastard. Well shit, I still wouldnt lie, but I really doubt they will care if you downplay it a bit

9. You only had it in your possession and you never actually used it.

10. Bro, you got caught in California with weed...

California

11. And hes applying at the Department of Defense. You are aware of who that is, right?

12. Hey, maybe they don't want illegal aliens bribing you with weed!

13. im hoping this is more about telling them the truth about it, rather than it being on my record. i would assume most people who have been in college have experimented with drugs before.