Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got a pipe from a friend but it smells

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xsteve71x, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Today I was at my friends house. When I was there he gave me a pipe he had recently gotten. It was only used once by him and between then and now he had been keeping it in a cup of listerine to keep the smell from being noticable. I have no idea why he didn't just put it in a plastic baggie but now my question is how can I get the smell of listerine to go away? And also would it be safe to smoke if it has been sitting in listerine?

2. clean/soak it in iso alcohol at least 80% or higher, or let it sit in boiling salt water

clean it alot and rinse it out

3. Listerine is primarily alcohol which will evaporate, if any smell still lingers you could boil it.

4. Whats wrong with minty weed, that would be alright with me.

5. My advice would be:

1) Let it sit in a bowl full of warm water for awhile to soften up resin and wash away the listerine.

2) Fill a zip lock bag half full of isopropyl alcohol, put your pipe in there, then shake it up. Let it sit for a bit until it dries and you should be all good man.

6. I'm gunna give this a try tomorrow probably and I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks

7. Remember to put some salt in the bag with isopropyl.

8. Pee in it?

9. Yes as above posted.

1. Put in some fairly hot water (hottest your sink will go to, any outside sources isn't needed)

2. Ziplock iso 91% alchohol method.

3. A good clean rinse.

4. Ready to toke :smoking:

10. What other people said about alcohol, but do it with salt mixed in with the alcohol.

11. Yeah sorry I forgot about the salt when I posted. Helps break up anything inside.

12. my advice, smoke with it. That will cover up the minty smell.

13. when i hide my pipe the first time i got it i did the same as you haha man just run it under water

14. nooooooo dont ever boil glass its not good to heat and it cool it just some rubbing alcohol and water wrinse will do you good

15. Alcohol and salt. And remember not to boil it. Glass can become brittle after it's boiled.