Got a new nail...and a question

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Stown, Mar 25, 2016.

1. So I recently went to my buddies house because I finalllly got paid and can smoke up after not having the funds for weed after bills and whatnot. Get myself 3 grams of some wax and go home to smoke up like always, and my dumbass breaks the adapter for my titanium domeless nail. Being 11P.M. I have no option but to wait until the morning. Luckily my buddy did not have change for the money I was giving him so he offered me a gram for $10 with the remaining cash I had, so I was still able to smoke some herb that night. (Just icing on the cake though considering I accidentally broke another pipe earlier this week after being on a good two year run without breaking any glass)

ANYWAYS.

I go to the store the next day. They are all out of the 18mm/14mm male on male adapters for my rig/nail. Damn, well I really wanted to get high that day lol, first day with nothing to do but get baked and skate around town. So I ended up picking up a glass nail for the mean time, which is fine because I plan on getting a rig on 4/20 anyways that I can use my titanium one on.

Now here comes my question

The nail I got looks verrrry similar to this

Grace Glass - Curved Bucket Top Quartz Nail for Oils and Concentrates - Female joint - 18.8mm | Grasscity

Except its a male not a female. Not important. As I always do with my new nails I waste a few dabs on them to make sure I'm getting any packaging fluid off of them (I'm sure its not likely with the glass, but I noticed with the titanium they sometimes have this weird color when you first heat them up until you break it in).

Now I have wasted a few dabs on the nail, and even tried taking one, but I can't help but to hate the taste. I know it isn't these dabs, I've had these many of times before, but I guess my question is, is there some kind of trick to using these nails noone is telling me? Or am I just not heating it up right?