Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got a light?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by starguy, May 27, 2023.

1. A friend gifted me this black hash that he makes.,knocks the socks.,Wicked good., 20230525_131730.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Very nice @starguy. I could enjoy some of that! What have you got planned for it? That looks to be quite a bit of hash!

• Like Like x 1
  3. what sizes screen he use or better how's he makes it?

cheers

4. Split it in half and show us the sticky interior of that hash ball :)

5. He makes it with what he called pot dust.,.and feco.,He has a serious setup for making the dust and feco.,
    His feco tested at 70% THC.,.
    All I know is that he mixes the dust and feco by hand with a mortar and pestle.
    He says he rolls it out into a thin little thread of it and lays it in a joint.,.His wife says his joints take 25 minutes to burn.,.I enjoy it in my pipe mixed or straight.,Don't take much to make me sing.,.
    Here it is cut in half.,pretty black thru an thru., 20230527_172334.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joker.,I plan to smoke it and to gift some to my bud supplier.,That ball is 22 grams.,.He gave me 5 grams in Oct. that I just finished up yesterday.,.At that rate it will last at least 18 months depending on how much I gift out.,Life's tough sometimes.,.Best2all.,thanks for lookin.,

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Dude I always wanted to try this old school style of hash but nobody in the US sells it. It's all BHO and whatnot. I wish I could buy this type of hash at a dispensary or even from my dealer for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. This stuff is not "easy" to make. The dust requires a very heavy duty vacuum pump with very fine filters.,It is like talc power.,and the feco is a whole nother project.
    His wife is ill and he makes the feco for her.,She does 1000mg a day orally. talk about being baked.,.lol.,

• Like Like x 3
  9. I decided to try to make my own black hash and I must say that I did alright.,.
    First is the feco that I already had.,Second was the "pot dust".,that I didn't have the means to make but that I felt could be substituted with finely ground bud. Then I remembered my coffee grinder that is used to grind bud needed a good cleaning and I scraped the inside a little and it seemed like the perfect stuff,.which it turned out to be.,I got 12 grams of a fluffy,.slightly sticky powder out of the grinder.,
    Third is the blending of the two.,The feco is about the stickiest stuff on the planet so measuring and handling must be done with care but in the end using two spoons.,one big table one small tea I was able to get 3 grams of scrapings worked into one gram of feco.,This took me 45 minutes and it was all kinda guesswork on my part as to how much dust to use.,but when I thought the consistency was right I weighted the ball and it was right at 4 grams.,So 1gram of feco and 3 grams of dust/scrapings and it was very similar to the black hash a friend who gifted me some makes..this gift plus the feco to make it and his instructions inspired me to try this .,
    The final step was to have a puff or two.,My first puff made my head tingle.,the second made it spin.,I decided that was enough for now.,lol.,I think it is just as good as anything I have ever puffed in my 55 years of puffin.,I only wish that puffin didn't make me breathless with my copd an emphysema.,but only needing 2 puffs to get silly makes it a sacrifice that I can endure.,
    So I have 5grams of the feco and 9grams of the scrapings left.,I think I will make 12gm of hash and the 2 extra grams of feco I can try making it with the ground bud as was my original plan.,
    When he first gave me the feco I was afraid of it because I wasn't sure what the potency was but now I am very excited to have it and to try making some myself.,
    If I know the feco is going to be smoked then I don't have to decarb the bud., saving the time and propane of that process .,
    The biggest problem is that he gifted me 22grams of hash and I sent two to a friend and then made 4 more.,I 'll never be able to smoke it all,.,lol.,
    Mine is on the right.,not any difference to my eyes.,or head.,lol,. 20230605_092345.jpg ,

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. I spoke to my friend and he said that the ratio of his hash is about 50/50 .,feco / dust.,.I think the scrapings was moist and it took more to absorb the feco and make it more of a solid.,.but the scrapings are pretty much resin so it has a high potency on its own.,This stuff is killer.,lol
    Anyway I did another batch with bud that I ground into powder in the coffee grinder and sure enough only 1 gram was enough to make the feco into a solid.,into hash.,
    I must admit I thought that his hash was the most potent stuff I had ever smoked.,but the batch with the scrapings is even stronger.,lol.,
    Mixing the feco and pot is time consuming and hard on the hands.,It took about 45 minutes of mashing the two together to get a good mixture.,I think the next time I will try using my stone coffee table as a mortar and a spoon as a pestle.,Lots of room to work on the table and it cleans easily.,
    I want to make my own feco just so I can claim that I made the hash from scratch.,and I believe I can make it without decarbing the bud because it's going to be smoked in the end.,Any thoughts on this? Best2all

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. The stash update.,The big ball is 15 grams of what I was gifted.,the middle and small balls are 6 grams and 2 grams of what I made .I did use the table as my mortar for a batch today and it worked well.,
    I have 8 grams more set aside for gifting.,this stuff is tooo good to not share.,lol.,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Well in the wee hours the chef was busy.,I decided about 9pm.to start a batch of hash from scratch.
    I ground 2ounces of bud and washed it in 10 ounces of ethanol strained/ filtered and ended up with 6 ounces of tincture.
    In a metal bowl I evaporated it to feco on the woodstove.,it took 35 minutes from the time it started boiling.
    Next I ground bud into powder in a coffee grinder.,
    Now for the mistakes I made.,1,,I should have weighted the bowl, then Icould haveweighted the feco,.,2,.,I should have sifted the ground bud,.it has a few little chunkies in it.,.3,.,I ended putting a little too much powdered bud into the mix.,Using the bowl worked great not having to ever handle the feco.,but in the end I should have worked it longer.,I thought it was still too sticky and needed a little more powder but it needed to be mixed a bit more.,I think at the end working it in my hand instead of the bowl would be best.
    Mine is on the white cap.,not as sticky and not as black as his.,.,but it's still wicked good.,I am pleased.,I ended up with a 19 gram ball..,This project took 2hr.+15minutes.
    , 20230607_084839.jpg
    Thanks for looking.,

• Like Like x 2
  13. One more ball made today with the last of the feco I was gifted and the last of the scrapings from the coffee grinder.,
    This time I got it just right.,getting it out of the bowl as soon as it wasn't going to stick to my hands and could be rolled into a ball. I put the powder in a baggie and dropped it in.,coating it and then worked it in my hands rolling it into a ball then into a cigar then back in a ball and so on coating it a number of times and working each coating in until it was the stiffness and texture I wanted.,
    It ended up being 9 grams.,A beautiful black sticky ball of joy.,.no pic.,errors

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. My efforts so far., The big ball is 19 grams.,I put too much dust in it. It still kicks hard but it's not as pliable as the others.The rest are 9 gm,.6gm.,an 2gm.,
    The 9gm was the last one I made an it came out the best as far as texture. The ball that was gifted to me is what I use as my comparison.,there really isn't a specific ratio of feco to dust.,It is more of a "how it feels" in the hands thing.,
    Needless to say I have been toasted for a few days here tasting an testing.,
    I took 1/2 a gram and made 8 bb sized balls from it.,I got 8 good puffs from it.,2 puffs was plenty for a good head buzz.,4 puffs is more than enough for a great high.,so this bb is enough for 2 very good stones.,It is a 1/16th of a gram. It costs me $7 a gram to make the 19gm ball.,.that's 43 cents for the bb.,.I'm laughin.,, 20230607_183651.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I've got to try this. I have a bit of kief, just need to make some FECO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The ball I was gifted is right under the lighter.,The top ball and the one on the bottom right are today's efforts that I made from different tinctures I had hanging around.,I'm set for now.,I need to get some more tinctures made..I will make a few batches.,decarbed and not.,
    The ball I made yesterday was with feco that I made with un-decarbed bud/tincture.,I knew it was for smoking and it worksalgood.
    So after playing around I think it would take 3-4 oz of bud to make an oz of this .,.Is it worth it?.,the BB's in the pic cost me $0.45 each. One would get 2 people nicely stoned.,.,I haven't smoked any weed in a week.,just a puff on the pipe as needed.,along with a few squeezes on tincture of course.,Life in the slow lane., 20230608_182054.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Joker.,give it a go.,I kinda like making it.,and I really like puffin it.,and it's great for gifting.,there's good bud everywhere but this stuff is special.,
    I sent some to a friend who grows and he liked it enough that within two days he was making a lump of his own.,

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. #18 starguy, Jun 9, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    20230609_123226.jpg 20230608_150909.jpg So I was reminded that this isn't "hash" per say.,, So I need to decide what to call it.,FECO BALLS.,.FECO FUDGE.,.BUD BALLS.,.MAINE MOOSE TURD,.,I don't know.,So help me out here.,FECO and powered bud.,loving blended into a kickass ball of puffs.,What would you call it.,His is the shiny black ball made with his dust.,

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. I went through some of what I had laying around.,I have a couple pounds of bud that has been made into tincture. At first I was mixing it with smoking bud to not be wasteful and not get too wasted every time I spark one up.,
    Lately I'm mostly doing the tincture with just a few puffs along the way and the tinctured bud has built up in stock.,
    I decided to powderize some to try making the Moose turd with.,I know good bud is better and I plan on a small batch just to test.,I was able to get an ounce powderized sitting here in my recliner working it through a fine sieve.,
    I will call it economy turd.,So now I have to reduce some more tincture.,I said I was done with this yesterday but it was niggling at me last night about some of my batches being chunky so I decided one more lump was in order.,testing testing,

• Like Like x 2
  20. #20 starguy, Jun 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    Order up !!.,One more lump.,This is an older tincture that was a mix of 150 proof tinctures reduced and re constituted with 200prf., It was scary looking right out of the bottle.,It made shit brown colored FECO instead of black.,but in the end 2 puffs is tingle brain.,I sifted powdered bud but it still looks chunky.,not sure if it's still to course or if I'm adding a little bit to much.,.Me thinks the former.,Oh well.,I'm pleased with it.,29.5 grams.,.Thanks for lookin., 20230610_110617.jpg 20230610_114518.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1