Got a Job Offer - Starting Monday.. What should I do?

Discussion in 'General' started by Google759, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Hello,

I was currently looking for a job, and have excellent work ethics and references. I was given an offer letter from a company considering I pass a drug-test and background check. I provided all my info for a background check a couple days ago, as well as did a drug-test yesterday. The test I did takes about 15 minutes and they send the results to the employer without telling me whether it was negative or positive.

In the past, I've just detoxed by working out as I usually do. Taking supplements as I do daily and I tend to sweat a lot in general from lifting weights and doing cardio.  It's always worked in a sense of just taking a urine test.

I work out about 6 days a week and have a very high metabolism and low body-fat. I used to compete in fitness sports prior and I'm familiar with how my body works.  I don't drink very often if ever, but I smoke because it relaxes me and keeps me motivated.

This past week I've been off the stuff to clean my system. Today I emailed the HR lady and asked if everything checks out and when I should come in. She emails me back stating that I should come in at 7:30am and bring my passport or social security for Tax purposes.

Now, my gut feeling is saying wait this out, don't smoke yet. However I'm curious, do you think they would call me out a few days after I start and have me take it again if I failed or do you think if I had failed they wouldn't have even brought me in to begin with.

Anyone ever had similar experiences? 

2. So you're actually considering smoking..

Dude just buy some liquor and get drunk lol

3. #3 Google759, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Yes, but I did already do the drug-test and background check.. The employer would have potential retracted the offer at this point right? They told me to come in on Monday and bring my SS and Passport for taxes. I mean It sounds like I'm in the clear.

I know man, I feel terrible like some crack-head. The truth is man, I don't indulge in drinking or anything else. MJ is more than just something I do to pass time, it helps me concentrate, it takes away my anxiety and overall makes me feel good. I can go longer without it, but I've been dealing with so much anxiety and sleepless nights.. it's been difficult. So irate and enjoyment is gone.

I can take pills but I don't like doing that kind of stuff. Ugh.. Just been terrible long week.

I can't imagine a company bother to bring you in knowing you failed the test. However I also can't imagine them bringing you in before they had the results.. Ugh so i'm waiting another week without weed.

It's not like I smoke the stuff constantly, I just enjoy having some at night to relax. I tend to be a bit of a over-worker and its the only thing that makes me relax and enjoy a movie or TV or simply enjoy the time in the moment rather than worry about the next thing.

4. Don't smoke, wait atleast 2 weeks before. That way you got a job am if they test u again u should be fine. ALSO youll have a nice tolerence break...

5. #5 Google759, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    You think the company would do that though? Like bring you in prior to getting results back, or bring you in knowing you failed to call you out in person and have you do it again. 

lol, they're waiting for you to "Celebrate" so they can test you again. Especially if it comes back diluted . (That's what I'm thinking) 

***EDIT***

Fuck it, I won't drink.. maybe smoke hookah.

Seriously though fuck any company that does a drug-test.

6. Bro better safe than sorry, we're all saying the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You're right bro.. Thank You. Sorry for venting, it's been a long week. Thanks for hearing me out.

Wait two weeks on the job and then smoke in your off time.