Got a job finally!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by xericx, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Well after 2 and a half months of searching, and over 75 resumes handed out, I finally landed a job:D
    Its at a call center, where I call people and ask them if they want to take a survey(yea one of those annoying people). I just have to read off of a computer screen and type some numbers. Easy as pie.
    Its only part time, because im still in college, but now i'll be able to go to the bars and buy weed again, ahhh im busting right now.:D:D:D

:hello:eric:hello:

2. You're a telemarketer! aaaaaahhh

well I suppose it's better than no job at all :p

congrats dude!

3. Yeah dude I was a telemarketer at one point while I was still in high school. Actually I was a "marketing representative"...haha. I worked for this book of the month place selling books and book related items to people who had bought from us before.

It was just like you described, reading a script off of the screen and just using canned rebuttals, like if they say "No I'm not interested"

you say

"I'm really surprised to hear that Mr./Mrs. Smith, with this offer you really are getting one of the best deals that isn't offered anywhere else. Now I'm going to go ahead and verify your address and we can go ahead and get this out to you, okay?"

Shit sounds so corny but I was a damn good salesman over the phone. I racked up like 30 sales a night in a 5 hour shift doing that shit. And 50 cents per sale, that wasn't too shabby at all. I didn't blaze back then, but there were tons of stoners that worked with me that were funny as hell.

Some kids even toked up outside on breaks and came back in all fucked up. But since it was so laid back no one gave a shit as long as you were meeting your quota.

I eventually quit when they started making us stuff envelopes and tear out these old cardboard things and put them into other envelopes in between calls. I said fuck that, it isn't part of my job description. And then they stopped letting us read books and magazines.

One time I brought in my game boy advance and was playing mortal kombat in between calls. My manager took it away from me and kept it til the end of the day like I was a child.

Oh and I also got sent home for using the internet going on ign and cnn so I wasn't bored out of my mind.

Now that I think about it, there was a lot about that job that I wouldn't be able to handle now that I am older. It was the perfect bullshit high school job though.

4. I dont have to sell anything thankfully, just ask them questions.
    I have a buddy that works there he says him and his friends play chess and cards and drink beer from a plastic cup the whole shift:D
    I get paid by the hour also, $9/hr and 20 hours a week, not to shabby.

5. sweet. telemarketing jobs are always really easy, but extremely boring.

6. good job on getting the position

but, do you like telemarketeres? if you don't, then i dont see how you could take such a job

i hate telemarketers and im the biggest asshole in the world to them, dont call me :) :smoke:

best of luck to ya man :smoke:

7. I might be calling ya Baron, if your from Kitchener;)
    I'll be like, could I speak to Baron from GC? on every call untill I get you:p

8. haha... didnt even notice that you were in London

whhy dont ya move out to alberta with the rest of the world and get a job in those oil rigs? they are paying out there asses for labour... had a bunch of buddies head out there

9. Im in college, after I graduate I plan on moving to AB, to be a manufacturing engineer.
    They're paying $70-$100k/yr for that shit:eek:

10. You call me, I will take the survey just because it is you. But then again I have no clue what you sound like:p