Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got a job but not tested...yet?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by kevinofgondor, Jul 6, 2013.

1. I recently got a contract job for a company and went in for one interview and was immediately hired. I had to go through some paper work but was never mentioned about a drug test that I know of. I have not smoked in 2 months and am scared shitless to do it now. I have worked for 3 days with no reference to a test. My actual supervisor has been out of town so I have a feeling that maybe that is why I never have gotten drug tested. I do remember her saying something about drug testing in the process but the actual lady who dealt with my paper works and etc never mentioned it. Do you guys think they will drug test after I have already started working?

2. bring it up to someone before you smoke so you can get tested and get it out of the way if your clean now then shouldn't be any problems.

3. My problem is with that is I don't want to ask them if about drug testing, as that seems bad in a way. Wouldn't they have tested me before  I even start work? Do contractors even get tested?

4. Do you think this job would require a drug test. Like driving a delivery truck or something. I also understand your concern about the boss leaving and when he gets back he might make you take one. You did the smart thing by waiting 2 months whats another anxiety free 2 weeks or whenever the boss gets back. 

5. It would have been listed in the contract you signed.

6. honestly I wouldnt bring it up, just wait til your boss gets back, if after a week or something he doesnt say shit, then you can smoke. unless you're doing driving, heavy machinery, or construction type shit, cuz they'll probly test regularly. some places will test contractors, others wont. 

if you absolutely cant wait or are worried about it, ask a coworker that looks cool, thats what I always do.

7. if your doing contracting which i assume is some form of construction of carpentry, dont smoke. if you fall off a ladder tomorrow and cant work, you wont be able to collect workers comp because you will fail a drug test.

jobs like that you just have to grow up and stop smoking, otherwise you could lose your job and livelihood...