Got a few questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by own3d421, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Farrrr too late to even think about starting a journal, eh maybe next year.

Anyways, i've got 3 plants, 2 of which I know the strain. Green Crack, and OGRE kush, i can totally see the difference in leaf width too. The third i have no clue, but it's branches grew in such a weird fashion, not a whole lot of symmetry. Plus it was root-bound when i got it from my neighbor, im letting it bloom, just to see what happens. By the way, this is all outdoor.

I've got a few q's though,

1.) I started the OGRE out on fish emulsion(5-1-1)(same as the GC, and the bagseed).
    When they all started to bloom(due to the light cycle change) I waited 3 weeks after the last feeding of fish emul. to feed em any bloom noots.

Anyways, for bloom i have, Green Light SuperBloom(12-56-6[0.10% chelated iron) And Morbloom(0-10-10)

I gave the GC Morbloom(0-10-10) and its in full bloom, nicely sized buds already, starting to form trich's. im thinking i might need to bring the gc out of bloom for a few weeks to strengthen up the branches, could this be done by giving it fish emul. instead of the bloom nutes next time i feed, or would that just confuse the plant and stress it?

Now the OGRE, i gave SuperBloom(noot ratio above^^) It's blooming but it looks to be slightly in veg still, could that be the nutes?

2.) Are those good ratios for bloom nutes?, Which is better? [for vigorous growth]
    Morbloom(0-10-10)
    SuperBloom(12-56-6[0.10% chelated iron)

3.) The OGRE has a massive thrip infestation, i believe i still have time to spray due to it not being in full bloom yet, but i wanted to know, if the GC comes down with a pest problem, how late is too late to spray it with neem oil , so i don't ruin the taste. and will insecticidal soap do the same?

4.)Watering in bloom, how often? i read on here that in veg they need it everyday, and bloom, everyweek. But, im in the desert, talkin' triple digits all summer, should i then water every 2-3 days, or whenever i see the soil dry?

Thanks in advance, here are a few pics, the first 2 are the Green Crack clone, the other 3 are the OGRE seedling, what'cha think?

Attached Files:

2. Here's a macro of what i thought was OGRE, i may not know the exact strain, but i do know it's from last years trip to mendo, so it could only be pineapple OG, Blue Dream or Sour D.

Now i know it's not sour d, i don't quite remember the growth characteristics of the BD(lots of pot has been smoked since then, lol). It's also got a really fruity smell, so i may have been wrong, its prob pineapple kush.

Anyways, the green crack is coming along nicely, except i forgot when it started flowering so im gonna hafta harvest purely off of look/maturity of the buds, im so glad i fim'd it when i did, i <3 my sativas, so i wanted to pull the highest yield i could out of that clone, plus the fact that it's ourdoor, can you say dense nugs?, i can.

First pic is the Pineapple OG
    Second is the GC.

Attached Files:

3. Be careful with the Super Bloom. At 12-55-6, I'd maybe mix it 1/4th strength for feeding mj. That stuff is for ornamentals and really shouldn't be used on something you intend to consume IMHO.

4. The pineapple OG has powdered mildew, i've heard from a few sources that this strain is known for powdered mildew, an experienced grower told me to, clip any contaminated pieces off, and spray it down with half rubbing alcohol half water, he say's anything thats not contaminated is salvageable.

Any thoughts? i trust his knowledge, just wanted to see what the folks @ gc thought, or if any of you had any other ways of eradicating powdered mildew.

5. fine then, fuck you guys.

And im not kidding.

wait...

...yeah i am. :)

K, so, i eradicated the powdered mildew and all was fine, right?

Wrong, the gc clone ended up with green worms aplenty throughout the buds, so i had to harvest early, i then proceeded to pick through the bagseed plant(which is either, pineapple OG, OGRE, or BD), which has some really dense colas.
    First bud, nothing, i thought id dodged a .50cal bullet at that moment, the next bud i checked had 2, so i cut any branch that had a worm on it, even if the worm was in the lower bud on the branch.

ive got one more question too, there are 3 plump buds still on the plant, if i continue to water and feed it, will those buds continue to grow? That is if there are no worms in it, those bastards suck the tops of the buds bone dry, not-to-mention all the weed they eat while they live in the bud.

the first pic is the powdered mildew that i successfully eradicated, the second is the green crack before harvest, the third is the bagseed(i think), the fourth has nothing to do with the thread, i was just amazed that my nikon s4100(point-and-shoot digi w/ touchscreen) macro caught that little spider on the end of a dead rose.

Attached Files:

• 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      330.3 KB
      Views:
    • 064.jpg
      064.jpg
      File size:
      388.1 KB
      Views:
    • 040.jpg