Got a clone with pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by akp2369, Jan 8, 2012.

1. #1 akp2369, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    I acquired a clone this guy made and for some reason it's already flowering and it kind of looks like one big bud lol. He had it singed as you can see in the pictures. What should I do from here on out??

My setup:
    3x 13 watt 3500k cfl, 900 lumens each
    2x 26 watt 6500k cfl, 1600 lumens each
    2x 23 watt 2700k cfl, 1600 lumens each
    1x 18 watt flourecent light.. Not sure of the lumens.

Everything is well cooled in my setup so no radiant heat hitting the plant directly to cause it harm just a little warmth to my setup. Later I'll put up some temp readings.

As far as I know the strain is ..Grape God.. As so I'm told.

Btw how can i put my pictures on here from my iPhone? I thought I could upload them but no so I tried to copy and paste them and that didn't work so what do I do to post them?? I don't have a computer either...

Thank you :)

UPDATE: I made a bubble bucket to try out. I've never tried any hydro.

So a couple questions...

How full should it be i.e. The water level?
    How often should I change the water?
    Should the roots be directly in the water?
    Do I NEED nutes?

I know it's not light proof yet but I'm still working on it.

I also put marks on the side for 1 gallon increments.

Attached Files:

2. I posted this from my iPhone..did you click the plus symbol

Attached Files:

3. Here are the pics. I didn't have the app last time. I was just in safari.

Attached Files:

4. Honest opinion: that's not your ideal clone. Anytime you revert a plant from flowering to vegging, it puts a great deal of stress on it. Vegitative growth could take over a month. I would imagine the amount of foliage and bud that the plant has is going to have an adverse effect on speed of recovery. Is it rooted already?

5. This is my setup. Once it grows I've got another spot for it but for now this seems to be pretty efficient.

Any suggestions or comments?

Attached Files:

6. [quote name='"stevieblaze21"']Honest opinion: that's not your ideal clone. Anytime you revert a plant from flowering to vegging, it puts a great deal of stress on it. Vegitative growth could take over a month. I would imagine the amount of foliage and bud that the plant has is going to have an adverse effect on speed of recovery. Is it rooted already?[/quote]

Yes I believe it is. This is how I received it already in the cup.

7. #7 akp2369, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    Now I'm going to change my setup to accommodate the ghetto setup. But how much did I pay for it today? Notta bc I had all the stuff I used.

8. Hahaha.. That looks funny as hell. I've never seen a clone off a plant in flowering stage, you are right.. that does look like a giant nug stuck into the soil.

9. This is my half ass finished setup.

Attached Files:

10. I haven't really seen a clone like that - so far into flowering and with so much bud on it still.

I had taken clones from a plant 2-3 weeks into flower. Just like the link midlife posted, they sprouted out SO many branches... you wouldn't even believe how many. However, the majority of the resulting branches are quite weak, so you have to have some kind of screen/something to hold them. It also takes ~3 weeks or so to return to normal growth.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...25-virts-perpetual-bb-t5-600w-hps-clones2.jpg

That's after taking off ~30% growth.

It's not ideal for my setup, so it's caused/is cuasing me some problems - however yield will still be nice. If you had something that was setup for so many branches it would work out very well for you.

11. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']
    That's after taking off ~30% growth.
    [/quote]

What do you mean?

12. I had "lollipopped" them, which is removing the lower 30% or so of branches so more energy goes to the top... even after removing countless branches like that, the clones still had that many.

13. Should I do that? Or just let it ride how it is?

14. I added a dome to it bc it seemed like it was getting dry up top. The roots are growing like crazy too.

Should I get this thread moved?

15. Well it's still the same. Not much different. I'm still waiting for her to snap back from flowering to begin vegging again. Is there anyway to speed this up?

16. time machine would work, if you do trim her up a bit, get yourself some rooting gel and make some more clones.
    Middy

17. I trimmed it up and smoked what I trimmed lol. I couldn't believe the roots and how fast they've taken off with my bucket. I just can't wait for it to snap out of flower and get to veg and see some new growth up top too!!

18. i would take the dome off if it has good roots & give it a little bit of weak grow nutes.
    keep up the thread dude.
    Middy