Got a cheap vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by iLoveTheBuds, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Is this thing safe came from us but not sure if it was made here its wood box style with digital controls and there's definitely some metal in the stem I took if apart partially don't see anything extremely alarming inside would u use it or sell it or toss it guys?

Attached Files:

2. I had a vaporite that was similar in design and mine was totally safe just after awhile the temp control gets inaccurate.

Sent from my SCH-R820 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It's called vp400 only name I can find instructions Are better English then most stuff off eBay so idk if its us or not I emailed the seller he's a online smoke shop on eBay located in ca like me so that's why I tried him smoked a little bowl in it and It seems ok

4. it looks nice to me its a real vaporizer thats what matters i wouldnt get rid of it, just vape and chill,your vape source shouldnt sell you something dangerous to use.

5. Here's a pic of the instruction sheet says digi-vapor anyone heard of that? image.jpg

6. ^^  Chinese manufactured VaporBros knock-off.   Known to have inaccurate digital displays along with fluctuating temperature controllers with possible toxic materials used in its construction.

7. So I shouldn't be vaping with this? I don't go over 365 and have vaped 5 bowls so far with no ill side effects I guess I should get a arizer solo and chalk this up as a loss?

8. You can develop serious illnesses from long term use of these things. China does not care about your health...

Throw it away and buy quality.

I usually recommend the Solo. 5 bowls won't hurt you, but 3 years of usage will. Doesn't matter what the heat level is, temperature is relative.

10. You guys are right, should I try and resell or not pass a potential harmful product onto someone else

11. You drop like $99 on it?
    I'd just toss it...

Knowing what you know it would be ethically wrong to resale it. However the company sold it to you....

Your call OP.

12. Right when I red the title I said "Oh nooo!" to my self lol

13. somebody offered me twenty for it they said they had one like it before and liked it. I told them i was gonna just give it away but they said they wanna give me twenty so i guess ill take the cash. I originally spent 32.50 on it online from a ebay smoke shop. He's a california seller and i figured it was a ceramic element like da buddah or a normal box. I unscrewed it and it looks to be regular wood with a clear coat on the outside. Dont know why it would be toxic paint as some say but i'm not using it again. The wiring inside is okay. Power and ground to switch and power runs to a temp module of some sort and theres wiring to a metalic cylinder that is encased in the glass that turns into the ground glass end. Definitely on the cheap side don't know what kind of metal is used inside for the heating parts. I'm sure its possible the metals are some stainless steel or something that wouldn't really emit toxins into the herbs at low temps. but i'm not sure so nobody knows.

Most wood varnishes have Turpentine in it, which is a harmful chemical. Wiki says this:

As an organic solvent, its vapor can irritate the skin and eyes, damage the lungs and respiratory system, as well as the central nervous system when inhaled, and cause renal failure when ingested, among other things. Being combustible, it also poses a fire hazard. Due to the fact that turpentine can cause spasms of the airways particularly in people with asthma and whooping cough, it can contribute to a worsening of breathing issues in persons with these diseases if inhaled.