got a $100 ticket for smoking a joint in canada outside theatre

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 979069, Dec 25, 2018.

1. really pissed off yesterday, i live in Ontario so we can smoke weed wherever tobacco can be smoked. was smoking outside theater like the people smoking tobacco and cop car comes by but i obviously wasn't worried for the laws since its legal. to my horror the cop comes to me and says smoking weed where children are present is prohibited. i argued with him about the people smoking cigarettes but he said this rule applies to marijuana and handed me a $100 ticket and told me fight it in court. when will prohibition on weed end

2. I would fight it. Even if you lose and have to pay the $100 still, waste the stupid injust court system's time. They wasted yours. Fuck em.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fight it. Unless you took a group of kids on a movie field trip and sparked it up lol then no dont fight it. Otherwise Id personally go print out the laws restrictions on paper and carry a copy in my wallet. That way if it happens again you can hand that to the cop and remind them to read the laws they are enforcing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. A hall monitor with a gun is still a hall monitor with a gun.

Civility is taxation on fear.

5. I fought a weed charge 4 years ago never paid it never will. I lost my trial on day 1 instantly i tried to tell judge my rights never got read to me when i got arrested for it but instead the judged laughed at me and degraded me. That is iowa for you it sucks here just be happy you atleast get to buy it legally

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Don't smoke near children. It makes us stoners look like inconsiderate fuckers.
    And they're annoying

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. it looks like your first statement "we can smoke weed wherever cigarettes are smoked" isn't actually true.

I found this:
    B.C. will also allow people to smoke pot in public places where tobacco smoking and vaping are permitted, although it will be banned in vehicles and in areas frequented by children, including beaches, parks and playgrounds.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. How close were you to the doors man? Tobacco gets the free pass cause well its tobacco.

On the other hand if you went to the late night show it could help you in the situation

9. Better than what would happen in FL

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Go to court and fight it and make him look like the dumb ass he is. My buddies a cop and says it's a bogus ticket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I would rather my kid pass by someone smoking weed than tobacco or some sloshed piece of shit cursing and acting like an idiot outside a pub.

12. This'll probably be an unpopular opinion, but i won't smoke anywhere near kids just out of courtesy. Even if i'm in so much pain i'm ready to chew my arm off, if my daughters are around then i wait.

Seems like they got you, dude.