Gorilla's Second Grow - Seven Strains

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Gorilla726, Jul 14, 2009.

1. #1 Gorilla726, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    Hey guys. This is my second grow (that I intend to finish, that is). I just finished up one plant under CFLs from bagseed which I called Audrey Three. You'll see her here now, currently working her way back from being chopped. I plan to make her into a mother when she's bounced back. Besides her we'll be watching:

Blue Cheese - Big Buddha Seeds
    The Church - Greenhouse Seeds
    Roadrunner (Autoflowering) - Dinafem
    Original Skunk #1 - Seedsman
    Afgan Kush - World of Seeds
    And two bagseed named Beast and Short Stuff.

I upgraded to a 430 HPS light and the results are already extremely noticeable. Beast was under a CFL floodlight for about three days before I got my new light and if I thought he was doing well before, I wasn't even close on seeing her potential. The five that I ordered should be popping up in three days or so. They're all feminized, which I'm pretty stoked about.

It took me forever to get this written (damn that Batman) and I need to crash out. I'll put more in tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Got some nice strains, mang. I'll be stickin around :D

3. I'm drying some Blue Cheese as we speak. Let you know how it is....

cfls to a 430w is a nice upgrade...

4. All it took was that first baby. :-D

I'm using nutrients this time around as well. More information on all that later.

5. Tuesday, July 14th 2009 - 3:17pm
    I started in with the nutrients this afternoon on my two bag seed, Beast and Short Stuff, as well as on Audrey Three. I'm using Dutch Nutrient Formula (DNF) Gro and DNF's Veg Fortifier. I haven't used nutes before so I'm very excited to see the results from those and the new light.
    My five seeds haven't sprouted yet. I wasn't expecting them to, but you can always hope. I expect that they should pop up either tomorrow or the day after.
    [FONT=&quot]Beast is doing very well and living up to its name. She ([/FONT]ß[FONT=&quot]hopefully) is going to be my experiment in low stress training (LST). She had started to grow her fourth set of leaves yesterday night so this morning I tacked her down using a bent piece of wire clothes hanger. She has already opened up and turned flat back towards the light. She's spreading out very well and I expect that she'll keep it up.

[/FONT] Audrey Three is showing nice new growth since she's started her comeback. Hopefully I'll be able to take clones off of her in about a month or so.

Pics are:
    1-4 Beast doing beastly and then starting her LST.
    5-6 Short Stuff looking adorable
    7-10 Audrey Three looking better then she was with her new growth. And my baby in her prime.

Attached Files:

6. I'll be putting up new pictures later today if I have the time but I just wanted to toss in a quick update that my Original Skunk #1 popped today while I was at work and so did my Blue Cheese while I was taking a nap this afternoon. At this rate I expect to see the other three by tomorrow night by the latest.

7. My Roadrunner popped up whilst I was napping! Two more to go!

8. Does Audrey say, "Feed me, suckka!" in a baritone male's voice when she's hungry? :D

9. Indeed she does. Not too many other people seem to be able to hear it though.

Beast is looking amazing as it's going to bed. It'll be time to pin down the next set of leaves by tomorrow afternoon. I could have done it today but she just looked so pretty like she was.

Short Stuff is making her way back from being topped and is showing a great amount of new growth. The two new tops are already starting to form, even though you could barely see them around ten this morning.

Original Skunk #1 came up straight and strong and is already spreading out her first set of three.

Blue Cheese and Roadrunner both look shorter and fatter then OS1 already. I can't wait to see all of these come into themselves.

Still no word from Afgan Kush (which I remembered is from World of Seeds) and The Church but I'd put money that they'll be up by the time I get up for work in the morning. And if I lose that bet, then I'd definitely go double or nothing that they'll be up by the time I come home from lunch. I wouldn't mind though if I had to wait until I was off for the day (or even until the day after), but it would make the day go by so much better if I knew that all five of my babies were enjoying the light.

I'll put up pictures on my weekend for sure. Been taking them as often as I get the chance.

10. My Afgan Kush popped while I was at work! Just waiting on the church.

All of the plants are looking great. I'll be pinning Beast down again in the morning.

11. I'm starting to think that maybe The Church may be a dud, but not giving up hope yet. All of my other seedlings are looking beautiful. They've all started to grow out their second set of leaves. I pinned Beast down again and within two hours had turned up towards the light. Short Stuff's two new tops are easy to see now though still growing very slowly.

I rearranged the plants this morning to get Afgan Kush more light and wound up evening it out quite well. AK is short and all fat compared to the how the others came in. The other three aren't quite as thick and are about a quarter taller. They are all growing so much better than Audrey Three did under the CFLs. I'm very glad I invested in my 430wHPS. The nutrients as well seem to be doing good things for Beast and Short Stuff. I'll be starting them on the new girls in about two weeks.

It will be neat to see the difference it makes in them. With Beast and Short Stuff I had them under CFLs (Beast under a 100w floodlight and SS under a 60w warm). They both popped the same day and I'm pretty sure that it's the lights that made the difference. There are seven other plants that all started in the same batch that are about Short Stuff's size under CFLs (700w+).

I'll finish this post in a bit.

12. The other seven are doing well under their CFLs but Short Stuff is going really strong. She looks great with her new tops coming in.

Beast is going to be filling up her pot in no time. I'll be putting both of them into flowering in a seperate area under a 100wHPS as soon as Beast is trained all the way around.

All four of the seedlings are going strong. All of the except Afgan Kush are starting to put out their next set of leaves.

Pictures were taken today (and the last couple of days) and will be put up tomorrow.

13. Holy crow! The Church just popped up! She's really pale and sitting sideways but I moved her better into the light and I hope that she'll turn up and turn green soon.

Everyone else is looking amazing! I've decided to keep Beast and Short Stuff in with the other five through flowering. Beast will do fine because of the LST, and Short Stuff is well... Short. (And looking amazing from the topping!)

14. Holy crow! The Church just popped up! She's really pale and sitting sideways but I moved her better into the light and I hope that she'll turn up and turn green soon.

Everyone else is looking amazing! I've decided to keep Beast and Short Stuff in with the other five through flowering. Beast will do fine because of the LST, and Short Stuff is well... Short. (And looking amazing from the topping!)