Gorilla

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by SimonSaySmk, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Has anyone bought from the gorilla before? I sent my payment off 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen or heard anything from them. I'm wondering if this place is reputable, I know I should have researched first before buying but I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah they're good man..I mailed them cash too and everything got there alright.

It does take about 2 weeks for the package to get there though.

3. Yeah they are legit. We have two reps (Sherry n Steve) on the city. 2 weeks doesn't seem out of the question depending where you are so I wouldn't sweat it too much. I've even seen people who didn't use tracking for there payment post when the payment was successfully accepted. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/user/720647-gorillaseedbank/
    That's the account they use.

4. Sounds like you sent cash in the snail mail? Did you not send it registered mail so you can tell if they actually receive the package or not?  This is always recommended when sending cash.

I myself have cash on it's way to Gorilla in the mail.  It was almost 2 weeks ago but that's the postal fault not Gorilla's.  Nothing we can do but wait.

5. PM me your order number, the tracking number for your payment & how much cash you sent.

I'll check into it for you.

I've had several people not send enough cash recently. When that happens, they hold your payment & send you an email requesting the rest of the payment.

No idea why they don't have the currency calculations on your invoice or on the final order page, but I'm going to make sure that I bring it to everyone's attention.

~~sherry

One of my orders the invoice was in GBP and one of them was in some kind of dollar.  No clue if CAD or USD.

Could it be possible the conversion rate changes by the time their order arrives?

I'm going to have to place some test orders & see.

They don't make people stick to the exact dollar amount, and they never worry about the change because they don't want people to send coins through the mail. Some people round up, some round down & that all comes out in the wash.

And, the conversion rate doesn't vary much - it's almost always between 1.58 & 1.61.

People are sending in like $8 to $20 less than they should in a few cases - then, they understandably don't want to wait the rest of the time it would take to send in more cash.

These same people are telling me they had to do their own currency conversion & thought maybe they did euros instead of pounds or something to that effect. And, I've had people contact me in advance to make sure they did it right. So, something's not working exactly right.

If it's small enough, I usually push for them to just ignore it, but it's kind of hard for me to do that if we've given them 20% off for cash plus another discount or free shipping. If we discount much more, we can't cover the cost of the seeds plus our expenses.

8. ^^ I completely agree and understand.

That's why I put approximately extra $5 in there just in case.  Didn't want to send coins haha.

Well - we need to get things like that taken care of.
    No one wants you guys to overpay either.

This is just leftover stuff from when we were only shipping to the UK.

10. I didn't have a tracking number or I can't find it.. Does gorilla take money orders? I sent more money then needed.

11. I can't really help you without at least an order number.

They may take UK postal money orders, but that's it.

Without looking at your order or knowing how much you sent, I'm going to take a wild guess & say that you're in the US. US Postal Money Orders, even international ones, are not cashable in the UK. It's right on the USPS website.

They'll return your money order when it arrives so that you can get your money back.

12. Ok thanks gorilla! I didn't even think about it untill a day after I sent it. So they will for sure send it back? If so I'll just send another 33$ and send it with a tracking number this time. So I don't have to wait. I cannot believe I didn't think to look this up or ask..

13. #13 Gorillaseedbank, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    If they can't apply your payment, they will definitely send it back.

But, before you send more money, let me see if anyone knows anything about your money order.
    If you sent it 2 weeks ago, it should have arrived by now.

Also, you can check with the issuer, but I think you can get a refund for a lost money order after a certain period of time as long as you kept the receipt. I'm pretty sure you'll be covered even if it got lost along the way.

I looked up your order & don't see any notes on it, so I need to get some more information from our office staff.

And, finally - before you send money, I can give you a coupon code for free shipping, an additional discount or a bonus free seed on a new order. It's not like we can't cancel this one out & let you place a new one.

14. #14 Gorillaseedbank, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    They haven't received your money order, but will return if it arrives. It could still be tied up in customs somewhere.

I'll do a little digging around, but please ask the issuer of the money order what you do if it's lost in the mail.
    If you need something from us saying we don't have it, I should be able to email you something.

** I did a quick search & it looks like everyone will refund the value of the money order as long as
    ** you have your receipt and it hasn't been cashed, so you should be good.
    ** You don't even need to wait for us to get it and send it back to you.

15. Hi, I ordered some seeds on Friday before I found this forum. (dammit) #104800. I feel a lot more comfortable now sending cash and like a lot of others I guess I sent a little extra to be safe. Lol. I'm wondering though am I still eligible for a freebie? Love to try new strains. Thanks guys. Jim

16. I didn't want to mess with the price of your order, so I added a free OG Kush seed to it & resent your confirmation.

I'm not sure if it will show there, but it'll be on their packing list when your payment is received.

Thanks for ordering from us!

~~Sherry

17. Sent the money through April 13. Was sent an email stating they couldnt find that i did not sent mtcn number. I get another email saying they found the information I sent. Days later i get another email and was told they couldnt pick it up because WU wont allow the receiving name i was given to pick up any more money orders. Went back to WU store and resent money under new name supplied by gorilla. April 28 received another email that there was no money sent under that mtcn number. I drove for a third time to WU and confirmed that ALL the numbers were correct and there were no typos. Called "Gavin" at the U.S. number and he had several excuses from blaming it on the people in the U.K. to blaming it on WU. Cant be both of their faults so he lies. I was very polite and tried to explain to him that i checked with WU and confirmed the money was waiting to be picked up since the day i sent it. Gavin hung up on me. I immediately went to WU and pulled the money. Lost 26 dollars in WU fees, quite a bit of time, and my whole growing season. I guess i should consider myself lucky that it only cost me $26 dollars to learn this lesson. This was my first time attempting to order from Gorilla but have ordered a dozen times from other companies with zero problems. Maybe some folks have success with Gorilla but this was my experience. BEWARE - there is a good chance that at minimum you will be out time and money. Never again will I be scammed by these people.

19. I just recently bought 10 seeds from the gorilla. I got my seeds alright but they were microscopic and only 4 beans popped .Also I only got 2 of the 4 freebies, which I really don't care to much about. I just wish I would have gotten aa bette quality product. I emailed them twice but have never gotten any response ....... The search for a decent seedbank that takes credit/debit cards continues