Gorilla talks about his family in sign language.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by hippie flip, Aug 12, 2011.

1. talking^ he knows a bunch of words

2. That is a blatant advertisement and they probably just taught him to say what they wanted him to say.

3. look up koko the talkig gorilla then

theres a bunch of speaking primates

4. *Signing

:smoking:

5. Apes actually can communicate through sign. Also, Kanzi the bonobo chimpanzee knows almost 300 words in lexigram and can form novel words and sentences as well as understand language and instructions. He also picked it up naturally from his mother who was taught how to use lexigram.

It's people like you who will always be walking with blinders over their eyes.

6. I don't dispute that we have learned to communicate with various animals, I dispute that this particular video is legit.

Please, my blinders, if I had blinders I wouldn't have seen that this video is just an advertisement looking to make money. See above comment regarding communicating with animals.

7. aha, learn more in gorilla sign language, you must

8. This man just doesn't seem to get it :)

9. #29 Buzzedupsnowman, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011

And what is your reasoning that this video is not legit and that they told him what exactly to say? It's good to be skeptical but it is unwarranted in this example.

No shit it's an advertisement to raise money, for the Great Apes! This video can both be legit and an advertisement illustrating a situation and recantation which they got footage of.

And actually, the scene is taken from "A Converstation With Koko". In that context it was not even an advertisement.

10. I lol'd hard. It's like hes trying to be machamp..but he's just a clefairy :laughing::laughing:

[​IMG]

11. Hey, true story: You know how Koko's cat died and they cloned it, but Koko could tell the difference and was still upset? (Sorry if this sounds stupid, but it's what they told me growing up). Well, my great uncle was the one to clone it. lol It was revolutionary in the vet field and he's a millionaire owner of a canine sperm bank now. Can't make this shit up either.

12. wow that's crazy

wonder if koko understands death?

13. #33 Verdurous, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    I'm not finding anything about the cloning stuff, but he did mourn. I'll have to ask my family. I can't find my unlce's name attached to anything Koko using google. Maybe they were just using it as an example I knew to explain what he did? lol

14. that would be so cool to tell people you work with gorillas every day. Imagine wrestling that thing if he was trained to not shred you into pieces. That would be so much fun :laughing::laughing:

15. sharing a j :smoke:

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIdpZXC8840&feature=related]orangutan smoking some bud - YouTube[/ame]

Sucha pimp.