gorilla glue inside bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by HeavyMetal, Mar 23, 2010.

1. i got a normal old style grommet type bong and the grommet fell out. i put in some gorilla glue, around the grommet and around the glass hole, but the thing is - the glue dripped inside the bong. and now its hardened. i tried soaking it in paint thinner for a week or so.. but no help really. wondering if this is just a bong i should be retiring or not.. i mean you cant smoke out of this shit.. the fumes will fuck you up right? (in a bad way atleast)

2. if the glue you put there gets hot when you toke, the bong is garbage. if the glue does not get hot, then your fine.

it's only when the substance gets heated (glue, tape, etc.) is when it's bad for you.

3. As long as you dont melt the glue you should be fine, but it would be safer just not even to fuck with it. your call though

4. ok cool because i just shove a normal gong glass downstem into the grommet and the bowl will have some distance from the closest glue spot (the grommet i guess) and the rest of the glue is inside the bong which will be filled with water so thats good too. thanks for the info

5. why even risk it?

you said it yourself .... old style grommet bong, do yourself & your health a favor and retire it. Find yourself a nice tube!:smoking:

6. IMO it would've been ok until you put the thinner in there...Retire it.

7. I got a dual sided male 14mm one side goes into my recycler(double barrel) other I got a 14mm

8. Ti nail and banger but can the other end of the 14mm dual attachment that I glued get hot?

9. gb.jpg this thread couldnt be deader cinni-dude OP's banned
    and whats the relevence?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh how I lolerfied.

I would have went and purchased a grommet from the hardware store. Just sayin....

11. Once that glue is cured there is no harm to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. OP has been bannn'd

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think the best thing you could do is buy something new off ThickAssGlass. They have good bongs and such for fair prices. It isn't worth the risk in my opinion just buy something new don't risk the brain cells.

14. Ha original post was 2010.

15. Oh haha didn't see that. I'm pretty new around here.

16. READ!

17. Dude I saw all the messages that were not from that long ago man calm down

• Like Like x 1
  18. Okay, sure if the glue melts then the fumes are a problem. But idk why most people say that bongs get hot enough to melt any plastic/glue thats not on the bowl. Smoke alone isn't hot enough to heat up that glue and the downstem doesn't get hot at all, so you're completely fine as long as the glue doesn't clog the downstem, but that's a completely different problem.

19. X3 sorry

20. It's ok I still love you ;)

• Like Like x 1