Gorilla Glue #4 Auto Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Telebubbies, Jan 30, 2018.

1. #1 Telebubbies, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Hey all. This is my first grow journal. I am growing GG#4 Auto. The seeds are from Dope-Seeds. I will be growing 5 of these. I will be having the plants both indoor and out. We are in the middle of summer, and there is lots of sun outside. And January/February has the highest UV rays from the sun here in South Africa. I will be putting them inside in about 4 weeks and keep them there. Here is what I am growing them with:

- 3 Gallon fabric pots.
    - Coco coir mixed with 10% perlite
    - 2 Viparspectra 300W LED lights
    - 70cm x 70cm grow tent
    - Easy Hydro Grow (EHG) nutrients
    - Water with a pH value of 5.7-6

The main reason why I am making this grow journal is that when I searched up for Gorilla Glue #4 journals, I barely found anything. Mainly just people posting for the first 3 weeks then stop posting.. Plus I would love some advice while growing! :)

2. The plants are currently on week 2 and day 2. They are growing very slowly.. But they are starting to speed up now. I will post week 2 pics in a couple hours.
    Here are week 1 pics:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Telebubbies, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Gonna do LST when it has 4 nodes

4. Week 2 Day 2 pics (I will start updating regularly). The stem is taller. I just took a bit more coco coir to cover it a bit. It is about 2 inches tall.

Attached Files:

5. Hi. I doubt that anyone is actually follow my grow journal - but this will all be here incase anyone is looking for a Gorilla Glue #4 journal. Anyway, I am on week 2 day 5. Saw quite a bit of growth. Mainly stretching. They are all 6-7cm tall now. My plan is to LST them when they have at least 4 nodes, so I can create more colas. Was debating at first whether I should top, fim or LST. Ended up going with LST because it's a lot safer. IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPG IMG_2334.JPG IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2333.JPG IMG_2334.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. They have really gotten bigger in the last 3 days
    A good sign

7. Thanks for the comment! Before I looked at the pics from 3 days ago, I was worried that it was growing slowly. It's weird that when you growing and see them everyday - it doesn't really seem like they growing much haha. Then when I saw the pics from 3 days ago I was amazed. It took a while to germinate and get to that point - now it's exploding with growth

8. Yeah I was a little worried for you but they are on track now!
    I've been looking into GG#4 since it's a huge up and coming strain
    And indica dominate my preference

• Like Like x 1
  9. Haha! I got it because I heard it is a very couch lock. Would smoke it with some friends and watch some trailer park boys. Do you think that right now, they look 3 weeks old? Or younger?

10. They still look a little behind but they should catch up once the root system develops more
    Also could be genetics
    For reference heres a auto malawi I grew at 15 days from seed popping soil
    I think you are doing fine though patience is key

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. The stretching became too much. I put bricks under the grow bags, to elevate it about 20cm more to the lights, and it just continued stretching. So I am putting them back outside and gonna put them back inside when they are tall enough to stop stretching. I started LST 2 days ago. IMG_2356.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2359.JPG IMG_2360.JPG Week 3:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Any advice/criticism would be great. My first time doing LST.

13. Looking good man
    if you need to you can also put another string at the base to create counter pressure. This is just in case the roots are being yanked on by the pressure of the training
    May come in handy if your going to continue LSTing

Attached Files:

14. I'm not too sure where to tie the string. I tried to do that, but when I tie the strong to the handle of the grow bag, then it just pulls the plant down so much that the leaves will be in the coco coir

15. Update - just found out this is actually 4 weeks and a day old. 2 of the plants already have 2 white hairs on each. This is my first autoflower. I do not expect a massive yield. At most I am expecting at least 20g a plant or less. If I am lucky, and they have a massive growth spurt, I will get a higher yield. But I doubt that. I have ordered some Gorilla OG from Dope Seeds. I will be making a grow journal on that one too & I really hope it will end up better than this one.

16. This is now week 5. I am starting to see some side branching coming on 3 nodes. So it looks like I will have 6 branches, which is good hope. The stem has strengthened a lot, but still has to get a bit stronger. Plant isn't showing signs of pre flower yet. Lights are on a 20/4 cycle (any change suggestions are appreciated). I seem to be on point with the nutrients, but I have gone down with it a little, after I saw a little burning on 2 plants. They have recovered in about 2 days. The tallest plant is 53cm. I feel like I will have more hope when the branches actually come out. I have highered my LED lights because the plants started burning on the top. I can only take another 20cm of stetch before i cannot move the lights any higher. Let's hope that the plants stop stretching.

IMG_2499.JPG IMG_2498.JPG

17. Did u ever take any more pictures? That's some massive growth in only a week. What was your yield?

18. I ended up killing them. They got way too big for the tent, and I could only put them in the front garden. From then, it just got worse. Bugs started eating the leaves and everything. They seemed to have become a hermie (guessing from stress) and the plants were too fucked up. The stretching was so bad for them