Gorilla Blue Auto: Waterfarm Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Enronitis, Sep 18, 2019.

1. #1 Enronitis, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    First grow. Lets go!
    Got a Waterfarm setup with extra bubbles in the bucket via a separate pump, and the full specs below. Germinated it in the medium- no paper-towel method or any of that. Took 2-days to Germinate, as of late-last night Mr. Planty has sprung up beyond the hydroton.

SPECS OF GROW

Space size: 18x28x90
    Light: QB96 Elite V2
    Grow Type: Slightly modified GH Waterfarm(Holes added)
    Medium: Mother Earth Hydroton
    External Reservoir: GH Standard Controller
    PH AutoDoser: Jecao 2 Pump Autodoser
    Airpumps: 2x 126gph Airpumps
    Nutrients: Floranova Bloom
    Exhaust: Cloudline 6"
    Carbon Filter: Phresher Carbon Filter
    Dehumidifier: Rimko Smart Dehumidifier
    Seed: Gorilla Blue Auto

Attached are pics of what I'm calling Day 1/2 as Little Planty has just popped up.

Attached Files:

2. Waterfarms kick ass.
    Good luck. :)

3. I also use the waterfarm system. It’s a great little system. I read you added a air stone to the bottom of your buckets that’s a plus because the drip ring gets clogged or needs a cleaning about every month to month and a half. You also might want to drill more holes in the bottom of your orange buckets to help more roots grow into your second bucket.

Looks like your setting up a nice system. Have you looked into a chiller? As I found out the hard way you just can’t get around not having one because every crop had root rot.

Hope that helped a little cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Already drilled more holes in the bottom!
    Water sits at about 72 so for now I won't be adding a chiller. Just waiting and seeing how it goes mow

• Like Like x 1
  5. I eliminated the drip ring after the roots hit the bottom chamber, and added an airstone to the res.

6. I like the idea of the ring and am thinking of modifying it slightly with different hole patterns. I have to see how it goes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Day 3ish: Little buddy is stretching a bit I think so I've changed the light height.

Attached Files:

8. Nothing noteworthy at the time.
    Growth seems to be on par with most..pH is stable between 5.5 and 6.

Attached Files:

9. Still nothing noteworthy. Had a small issue of elevated PH but fixed it.
    Light is currently sitting at 27" but I'm wondering if I should lower it more.
    Plant doesn't seem to be reacting.

Attached Files:

10. I'd give her a few more days before lowering the light mate. She's just throwing roots down. Also, pH shouldn't be jumping about yet, did you wash the hydroton first?
    Also, start your nutes at about 200ppm above your water. Wait for the ppm to start dropping in a Week or 2 then go up50%. Couple weeks later it starts dropping again so go up 50%.
    Easiest way to keep the nutes in the sweet spot. Will make the pH behave itself as best it can too.
    Shouldn't need to adjust pH really if the feed is the right strength.:)

11. My water is naturally in the 7s in terms of PH. Can't use traditional phosphoric acid as it causes ppm spikes; so been using vinegar for the time being which is weaker. Hydroton was washed thoroughly!

Appreciate all of the information! It's great

12. Phosphoric acid should barely effect the ppm mate. I'd suggest that's possibly a misdiagnosis. Been using it since day one and lucky if I go up a few ppm.
    Maybe just weren't using the meter right or not mixing thoroughly enough.
    See quite a lot of folk hitting the EC button without realising n stuff like that too. If the vinigars working then it's working like but just thought I'd bring it up. :)

13. Nope, have tested and tested- it's a reaction between my Tap and the acid. I've used separate test vials, and different waters. Only my tap water has a PPM spike.
    Mixed correctly, waited, calibrated meter, etc.
    I've checked on both EC + PPMs. Highest EC I saw was 1.6.

New to GROWING, but I do have a research background- so I've been careful with eliminating all plausible variables.

14. Help!
    Droopy leaves!
    Underwatering? Overwatering?
    pH is at 5.8, 160 ppm

Attached Files:

15. Impossible to over water a waterfarm.
    You might want to relax and smoke a doobie brother.
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oy.
    I was super worried cause they were pretty straight and all of a sudden that set of leaves just went straight down practically.

I always thought that's the case. It's my first grow and I'm trying to grow this plantasaurus right. Sorry for the paranoia!

17. #18 Enronitis, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Day 7.
    Everything straightened out and PH is steady between 5.8 and 6.1.
    Decided to give a bit of nutrients, PPM is solid at 300.

Going to be monitoring for any reaction and flushing as necessary.

Attached Files:

18. Aaaagh!

I was fixing something and bumped my hydroton bucket and everything shifted, including burying my plant completely.
    I quickly went to dig it out carefully and its still straight- no visible damage too it however I am scared I totally fucked its roots with that shift.

Any thoughts?

19. Everything seems to be okay regardless of yesterday's incident.
    Next set of leaves have made an appearance over night!
    Seems to like it's nutrients with no burn or other issues. Keeping it at 300 ppm for now

Attached Files: