Gore won the Nobel peace prize -

Discussion in 'General' started by chronictoker, Oct 13, 2007.

1. What does race have to do with anything?

2. It does have to do with something.. It's called Environmental Racism and N.I.M.B.Y (Not In My Back Yard). The rich, be it a country or a group of people in a town, dispose their waste in areas where low income minorities live, or in the case of a nation, disposing it in developing countries.

3. Adapt or die, that's how this world works.

I don't see how.

That sucks for Europe and the animals I suppose. Like I said earlier, adapt or die. Climate change isn't anything new and this is /was going to happen anyways.

I thought the big threat of Global warming was the currents or something were going to get screwy and europe was going to freeze over. That's what gores movie was saying.

That sure sounds like cooling to me.

I'm still not seeing the big deal.

4. You have closed eyes.
    Sucks for Europe and Animals I suppose.. wow.
    Same is going to happen to North America, we will have to migrate north, entire shorelines would be under water, removing many large cities of america from the map. Soils in the north are less and less fertile the farther you go, thus, harvests all over the world will decrease, that will have impact on the economy, the growing unstoppable population needs more not less! Meanwhile the Ozone layer is so fucked that we get sunburnt in 15 minutes exposed to sun, entire areas desertifying, enormous species and biodiversity loss..

That's what would happen.
    Don't blabber out what you think.. read something.

5. Yes, I'm entirely sure that is going to happen. After all, this planet and all of it's organisms have never been through climate changes. Systems will never ever adapt!

Seriously. Don't be such a doom sayer and have some faith in the earth.

6. Oh, there we go.
    Faith. How about the bible, eh?

There are SCIENTIFIC MEASUREMENTS documented in MANY BOOKS, however people like you do not PICK THEM UP, and keep having too much faith. The earth is already bringing about wonders, but it won't be able to resist for too much longer. I'm not a doomsday person and used to think like you, but I am taking a course on Environmental Issues that covers all the aspects: Economic, Geographic/Astronomic/Geologic evidence, Biodiversity, Environmental Justice, Environmental Literature and sommore. I looked at the facts and got extremely caught up in it.. that's why I have 50 points over 100% in the class. I'm not bragging or nothing, just telling you to consider educating yourself a little, you'd be amazed.

7. Just watch CNN's Planet In Peril on Tue 23 and Wed 24!
    It includes many good arguments about the evidence of global warming, as well as many good facts. Just check it out and don't be a bigot. Listen to it, read some stuff, then make an educated decision on whether it does or does not exist.

8. Just because it's in a book doesn't mean it's true. What about all of the people who say it's totally natural? What about the data that shows the climate change is happening all around the solar system?

9. What data?
    MILANKOVTICH CYCLES.
    The last one was fucking 23,000 years ago, we should be heading towards a cooling period.. Hey wait, why am I repeating myself? Do you even read my posts?