Google Glass

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by HippoPotamus420, Feb 22, 2013.

1. So recently google has been alluding to releasing basically a HUD in the shape of glasses that a user can wear to augment everyday life and stay more connected to social mediums. I personally think its fucking nuts and it honestly harkens to Ray Kurtzweil's singularity theory.

What do you guys think about it?

2. Have you seen the promo? Looks pretty cool.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVAk34cQN5I]Feels through Glass - Google Glass Official Promo - YouTube[/ame]

3. It's a strange concept indeed, but hey, why not reserve our opinions until we get to play with it in Google Play Stores (hypothetically speaking, of course)?

4. Looks stupid. I'm sure it's useful but it looks stupid.

I'm about to spend thousands of dollars for eye surgery so I DON'T have to wear glasses. Think I'm gonna go out and spend $300 after that for some stupid virtual glasses?

Glasses are heavy and uncomfortable enough, even without Google's tiny projector.

5. great concept....first one to adopt it....nice R&D but I will have to pass

I think first step is smart watches...I think they will take off way before smart glasses...but who knows

6. You know damn well it won't be as responsive as in that video. In actual time that video would probably take 15 minutes to watch and that's the reason these won't be as popular as they want them to be. Too much hassle and if it is controlled by voice it will never be accurate enough.

7. So I could watch skin flicks in a business meeting any no one would notice?

Hmmm....

8. Also with 1,500 price tag I don't see many mainstream consumers buying into it. If anything i think it's going to used more by developers and hardcore google enthusiasts, at least until they drop the price tag back down

9. I think its awesome as hell. If the price were under 800, I would buy it asap.

10. I think it's cool, and it's another step towards integrating humans and machines/computers.

However, there's no way I'll buy one any time soon. It's not worth the money to have another spiffy camera.

I always like to compare stuff like this to weed. At $300 for an ounce of grandaddy purple, I could get 5 ounces for the price of a Google Glass. I think I know which one I'd get more fun out of :D

11. Don't like it, don't need it