Goodgraces World K.I.S With Autos and Photos!!!

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by goodgrace87, Dec 29, 2016.

?

What is the most important part to growing

1. Growing Medium

32.5%
  2. Grow Light

32.5%
  3. Seed Genetics

35.0%
  1. You could try a 1 to 1 soil slurry. That would tell what up with the soil ph and ppm wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. soil slurry what is that?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Just take a tablespoon or two of dry dirt a inch or two down of the top and mix it with equal part of water with a neutral ph(7.0). Then you can use your ph meter and see what the soil ph is. You can check the ppms too. This will tell you what the upper root zone ph and ppms are. In an addition to that you can water till you get some run off and check that too. I usually do both if I’m having problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  4. So my seeds are still dying I'm not going to put another seed that I purchase in to this tent I'm going to use my genetics that I created and I dropped probably 16 beans in the tent[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. Grace are u talking here? Let me get robbie to look he grows no till like u

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I didnt know u are using mega crop. U are no till I thought? U may need to get happy frog soil to use mega crop

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hey Grace how have you been. I see you have been busy lately. Congrats on getting your second Masters!

Grace what does your mix consist of the base and the amendments? I have a whole bag of garden lime if you need some, because they changed the soil recipe you only need peat moss/malibu’s compost and basalt/rock dust and bio char that’s it. No pumice, perlite or lava rock. Just four ingredients nothing else no aeration at all.

I know your super busy with your kids, school and growing etc...

But when you have time I would make a new batch of soil that’s just my opinion, because your soil seems off or out of whack. that Megacrop isn’t no good for NTG imo. You should never have to test your pH as long as you use crustacean meal, Oyster shell flower/meal or you could just use garden lime or dolomite lime. the compost (Humas) is the most important thing. Which Malibu’s is the best compost on the market for NTG besides leaf mold Plus you could probably source it locally for cheap. then you’ll need peat moss basalt or rock dust and bio char nothing more then just give them IPM of aloe Vera, silica, neem oil or neem cake if you don’t have neem oil and essential oil‘s and safer soap or soap nuts and just foiler spray once every 10 days then do plain tap water soil drenches.

If you have time let me know what you have going on. When you didn’t water for five days they will perk up pretty fast but if it’s no-till by not watering and keeping moist you kill off microbe population. but I’m sure that’s the least of your problems. Just my 2 cents. Message me if you need anything....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Well there u go Grace

• Like Like x 1
  9. I thought it was organic?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey Robbie,

I am in a no till soil. I usually use water coconut water aloe vera juice molasses during my normal feed. i do use cal and mag at times, but i recently started using mega crop ( three weeks ago once a wee) and my plant have died off every single time). i never faced this problem before. my soil consist of 1/3 peat moss 1/3 dr earth compost and 1/3 perlite/and rice hulls, and 15 lb of worm casting. I used several amendment including humus, sea kelp, crab shell, and fish bone meal. I have reused this soil over 3 year and it only got better with time. I wanna give away this mega crop and see if i can flush it out of my soil completely. This 40 gallon of soil i created cost a little over 100 bucks. I would hate to throw it away.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Just a thought, could your soil have compacted over the 3 years? How many cycles have you run through it in those 3 years?

I'm wonding if the rice hulls have all broken down leaving you with less total airation. Seems like you would benefit by adding some pumice/scoria to the mix, maybe a little re-amendment at the same time, and your golden for another 3+ years.

I have no idea what to do about the MegaCrop. Seems like it would not be that bad for the soil. That's why I am leaning toward the soil compaction.

That, in all your free time
    Kids, degrees, and Gardens, oh my!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #2312 goodgrace87, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    You might have a point, but after reading megcrop it has alot of things that my soil inst use too. I am going to loosen the soil and reamend it with rice hulls to see if this help. I greatly appreciate your input.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I dont think any of that stuff is. But if u want to get something going why u make new soil get some happy frog and perlite and use mega. Might be easier for u with ur schedule

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Here u go[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ok im subbed up.... Im only on page 2!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. T
    Fast forward if you need too this is three years in the making, alot has happened. How are you do you have a link? Right now i am not doing as great as i would like but growing is a learning experience within itself.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was just looking at that ,,,, it has too much stuff going on with this formula. I will use it for my basement grow only since that doesnt have no till soil.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I see.. I hope all is well for you sooner rather than later. I actually don't mind a long read lol.. the more I read, the more I learn.. Im interested in going organic and u got that down. I like the idea of multiple plants sharing one huge "pot". Im scrogging and doing basic stuff but I'd like my buds to looks like the ones I saw in the 1st grow in this journal .. so frosy

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hi Grace! I know you have been using the same soil for three years and it just gets better after every run. I was just reading about Megacrop it is not organic and I’m sure you did not know that. you don’t need these products in your soil because after adding it everything is dying off. Plus I was reading on RIU it messes your pH up. And all the people I’ve read that were using it are not growing organically. You have a Good base soil and amendments which is fine along with 15 pounds of earthworm castings I wouldn’t want you to throw that away. I just think like you mentioned you need to discontinue the Megacrop completely because it seems like after you started using that your soil got knocked out of whack and you keep paying for seeds that cost a lot of money and everything is dying off because your pH or something isn’t right. So I would try and flush that out and get your soil back to the right pH then amend your soil a bit, because you know flushing soil defeats the purpose of NTG even run off is not ideal.

I just want to say your a Great grower I’ve learned a lot from you Grace!

The one thing I always stuck to was the No-Till revisited version recipe because it’s proven over and over again you don’t have to go by there feeding schedule. or you don’t have to go by the recipe 100% but you basically did which is Good. as far as aeration is concerned all you need to do is plant a cover crop of fenugreek, clovers or rye grass and add a mulch layer that will keep your soil aerated and will help it retain water better. even pumice or lava rock you could still add. but I think basalt or rock dust along with bio char will help your soil tremendously. Once you have your base and amended soil there is nothing else you need to add except your IPM and your feed of molasses aloe vera and coconut water and maybe top dress with kelp and water it in once in a while or every 10 days. Besides that our soil does not need anything else Imo. That’s why they’re only using four ingredients for the new recipe! now hopefully you should be able to fix your soil! Because you have 40 gallons of soil that you don’t want to let go and I understand that, but if you can’t fix the issues then I think you have no other option but to make new soil because $100 is a lot money to throw away. but you also have to consider all the seedlings and seeds that you are going through which cost more then a $100 Plus Now with school and raising children and getting your masters degree is very important and time consuming. But I know you’ll figure it out I just wouldn’t waste any more beans in the meantime. But if you need any help pm me anytime Grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. le
    let me know when you finish it. You have over 350 pages to read . Ask any question or give any suggestions i am open to them

• Like Like x 1