Goodbye...

Discussion in 'General' started by geetardude, May 26, 2008.

1. GC, I am typing this via cellphone.I am on the 7th/psychiatric floor of the hospital. On may 9 i was awoken at noon by a counseler whom was called by a close family member. i had fucked up a really good friendship with a girl i really care about. I dont feel i can live with myself with what ive done. The counseler asked if i would take medication or go to counseling. Both i refused. The counseler left and came back 15 minutes later with 3 cops. They said i HAD to go to the hospital by ambulance for psychiatric evaluation. So ive been here for 17 days and i dont feel any better. Im on 500 mg of seraquil and 60mg of celexa. ive been fighting suicidal thoughts every fucking day now and it just gets harder. i guess im done here. I never thought i would ever be in this position. Ive fucked myself one too many times... Thanks grasscity for the chill times

2. I don't know you or your entire situation. Don't know if you'll see this or have a chance to check, but....

Hang in there.

3. I'll be thinkin about ya. ):

4. Hang tough, bud.

5. I dont know you or your situation either, but I hope you find something or someone to hang in there for, if not yourself.

6. sorry to hear that man, hang in there. time is a healer, so don't give up. but on a side note, u can post messages with ur phone?

7. Hang in there man, it will be good soon bro dont worry

8. Nahh man dont be talkin like that...
    you still got lots more bleezies to puff...
    and enormous bongs to toke...

9. Is this a suicide thread? What did you do man? Why did a counciler come in your house and wake you up? Oh, and unless your under 18, I dont see how they could have forced you to go, unless you did something severely fucked up. I iwsh ya the best homie.

10. Please get better geetar, we're all here for you bud. Things like this pass with time... just put your mind to it and everything will be fine, I promise! Believe me, I've been in this situation before. Keep your mind moving and don't give up.

If I might add, please insist on getting off the Seroquel as soon as humanly possible. Not only are they completely destroying your cognitive functions with such a useless drug, but they are overloading your system with such a drastic amount. 500 mg is ridiculous. Tell them to slowly ween you off by 100mg every few days and put you on something less debilitating.

11. I don't know how many people here have been to a psych ward, but I have. Don't let them over-drug you, which it sounds like they are trying to do.

You'll pull through bro, just hang it out, you'll start feeling better.

12. Get better, man. :)

13. just give someone a pm if you need anything mayne! we're here

14. I concur. It takes so long for the doctors to actually sit you down and have a real conversation with you that they keep you completely fucked up on all kinds horrible psychiatric medication until you can barely remember what put you in there in the first place. Meanwhile you have to adhere to strict guidelines, watch what you say to everyone and attempt to remain positive all that the same time. It's hard, it really is.

Not to mention that when you actually do end up speaking to someone in charge, all they do is jot down your feelings onto a pad and try to match a medication to you by filling in the blanks. This goes on for two or three weeks until they finally think you're too docile to do anyone any harm whatsoever and send you on your way without so much as a 'good luck'.

15. :) Hope you come back geetardude. :) I'd be happy to get to know you better. Things will work out fine.

16. I've had the same exact thing happen to me but with my girlfriend of 2 years. I was in the "ward" for 7 days at the hospital, you have to know that everything is gonna be alright, just keep telling yourself that, don't give up and don't do anything stupid. Don't focus on whatever thing you did or what happened with your friend, either romance or plain old friendship. Shit happens, thats part of life. Find something to do while your in there, read something, make something, be social, make the best out of it. Most places will help you logically. Don't kill yourself, just because you think about it doesn't mean everything is already lost. Stick with the meds, and talk to your doctor. Once again, Everythings gonna be alright.

17. You can have some oner over 18 admited involintarily under section 302 if they have proved to be a danger to selves or others.

EDIT: 302 IS IN PA. ONLY BUT EVERY STATE HAS A SIMALAR CODE.

http://www.mces.org/302FAQs.html

18. Hey bud..hang in there..i hope to hear good things from you bud

19. In CA I think it's 5150.

But to the OP, man hang in there. Life is full of ups and downs. This little blip in your life is going to make you a tough motherfucker when you get out. We'll be here waiting to hear your new philosophy on life.

20. Hey man, I don't mean to call a bluff, but I know for a fact that they take away your cell phone when you get to psych ward, as well as everything else.

But btw man, watch out for the seroquel, espically at that amount, it will knock you out and give you strong hallucinations.