Goodbye, Sweet Mary Jane

Discussion in 'General' started by L0st_s0uL, Jun 25, 2007.

1. I smoked for my last time today, and again, as I expected, it was no fun. It seems my favorite hobby has finally gotten the best of me. Every time I smoke I experience symptoms of psychosis/schizophrenia. apparantly I have a predisposition for the hellish disorder. I have been smoking for 2 years now, every day, and loved every moment my precious ganja was with me, until recently, when things changed. it hasnt felt the same since.
    Im writing this to warn anyone else, that if schizophrenia runs in your family, be careful.

It's the saddest day of my life. It feels like im losing a friend.

goodbye, my sweet mary jane. lost but never forgotten.

2. So wait,

What exactly does weed have to do with your schizophrenia? A schizo is still a schizo... with weed or without.

3. Hallucinogens have been known to bring out previously non-manifest psychological disorders in people with a predisposition.

4. i call bullshit on you. first post i bet you are some marijuana propagandist. if you are, suck it, if not i apologize and i smoke a bowl for you.

5. This makes me curious. I also have a line of schizophrenia in my family, along with Bi-Polar... When I get high I just think about death, me dying when I am old, and shit like that. It kinda ruins my high a little bit. But then I try not to think about it.

6. YIKES, that sucks.
    What kind of weed has he been smoking? :eek:

7. lol Weed is a hallucinogen. Maybe not like LSD or psilocybin, but it is a hallucinogen nonetheless.

8. I think we all think about that now and then

but when I'm on my weed, I reach a higher conciousness :smoke:

9. Hey Moo Moo 22, you really should be careful then. Using hallucinogens always involves some risk. I mean, yeah, you and I both know how harmless weed is, but you also must know what it can do to you psychologically. When you start having dark thoughts, they can be amplified by marijuana, just like you happy thoughts can totally give you euphoria. Good luck! :)

10. I've never hallucinated off weed... dunno about you guys :(

he had to be smoking some killer grade weed everyday for past 2 years

now he has to stop... that sucks!!

11. Actually, I guess you're right that "hallucinogen" doesn't describe marijuana that well. I guess I meant "psychedelic". Anyway, check this:
    http://erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_effects.shtml

Look under "Negative Effects". The last one is the one you're looking for. :(

12. that really is unfortunate though. Poor guy :(

Actually one of my friends been smoking for years and he just found out that he's allergic to weed, LOL. No lies, it would make his eyes red and watery from touching it. He had to quit :mad:

13. I don't have schizophrenia. My grandfather, and his father had it, but im totally normal when sober. The problem only arises when I smoke. apparantly that can change tho, if i keep smoking.
    and no im not a cop or some bullshit like that. I love mary jane, and think that it should be legalized. only some people have to watch out for it.
    anyway.. sux for me. i got a bad lot in life i guess.
    for everyone else, keep on burning! be thankful u can, cuz some people cant :(

edit;
    is there anyone else out there that has experienced this? i have hope that if i stop for a long time, maybe someday i can smoke again.

14. Yeah, I have a friend like that. One time I got real excited because I thought maybe he could eat it (don't know why I thought that) and then he reminded me that it wasn't that he couldn't handle smoke, it was that he was allergic. :(

Anyway, if anyone's bored or wants to talk on AIM, MSN, or Yahoo! let me know. :)

15. yeah I'm sorry to hear that bro :( I'm glad you're taking it serious and quitting before it becomes worse.

16. sometimes you just have to control it, some people will get paranoid on weed or whatever, its normal, but if it becomes really intense, and you cant get yourself out of it, it feels like your world is going to end, right now, and nothing in the world can make you feel better, like a bottomless void has opened up inside you, then you need to worry. but some people, even if its in your family, will never have problem.

cornholio, thanks man, at least someone understands. my "friends" just thinks im nuts.

17. I know exactly what you mean man, best just to not think about it... :hello: Be happy, that is what Mary wants.

18. Just enjoy life as it is mate, marihuana is good, but never lose touch with reality! But this is what seperates marihuana with the real drugs like alchohol and tobacco, people can quit.

19. perhaps you just have a lack of proper seretonin production.. that makes you think fast and rapidly.. the way humans are supposed to think is very slow and more of an understanding.. when there is lack of seretonin you get those crazy fast paced thoughts.. i had the same problem but i fixed it now... if you didnt have a good time youre last time smoking then you NEED to make a good time..

I suggest you go out to the store and buy some 100 mg 5-htp and then smoke and see if those bad thoughts go away.. 5-htp is an amino acid your body converts to serotonin, which si the natural feel good chemical.. ever since ive been taking 5-htp ive had nothing but blissful highs

20. dude.. thats a great idea.
    im going go get some of that stuff first thing tomorrow. its definitely worth a shot.

thanks a lot for the tip bro.