Goodbye R_M

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasta_Man,

Although I realize people thought you were arrogant or whatever, I don\'t think that\'s any reason to take it personally. You defended what you believed to be the truth, and there\'s no fault in that. I would have thought you were much older than me, but it turns out you\'re younger.... I guess it kind of makes sense. But from what I can tell, you acted a lot more maturely than most 17 or 18 year olds would.

If you read this, I just wanna say I enjoyed reading your posts and engaging in debate with you... although we have differing beliefs and that was clearly expressed, your posts made me think a lot. And that\'s never a bad thing. Have a good life. :smoke:

Does anyone know what happened that got Rasta_Man banned? I never saw any personal attacks in his posts or anything that would violate the rules.

EDIT - Okay after reading what he said, I understand why he got banned from GC. Sad that people can\'t control their urges sometimes... reading something like this doesn\'t make him sound like a very logical person...

2. thank god! ill miss the cold i just got over more than him.

Bliz-NATI: keeping our city clean since 2007!!!

3. DESPITE the current Situation, I\'ll Miss R_M. He was a great member, whether or not people agree.

It seems those giving subtle insults to him now are no better than him publicly posting his true feelings. While the way he acted DEFINATLY was wrong, It\'s no better to retaliate back at some. The mods got the powers to fix the problem, and they did. It should end RIGHT there, and not carry on.

DBP- He\'s been here for a long time, and I DID NOT see this coming, I was pretty shock. I figured the mods and R_M could settle this peacefully, but, it didn\'t go that way. I personally am sorry to see R_M go. Him and I got along pretty well.

I\'m not trying to bash the mods in ANY way. I\'m just letting members know before they start bashing him for what he did, They should look at themselves first:

\"I know I\'m not perfect, And I don\'t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.\"

- Bob Marley. ​

4. QFT, good riddance

5. man that kid has some serious insecurity issues

6. I have always had this vision in my head that R_M was neither rasta, nor a man, but to call this place a wallowing pool if ignorance and stupidity is not scientifically based, so therefore he might be a bit hypocritical as well. I think his \"moving goal post\" just fell over on his ass!

Just goes to show that some people will say anything, no matter if it\'s true, just to try to take down the man next to him. I hope he finds enlightenment, and returns with the attitude that there is more knowledge left to be discovered than there is time to bash the beliefs of others. Peace, Rasta_Man, I loved your energy, please use it for the good of mankind, you can be brilliant, maybe even a genius, but until the heart catches up with the mind, good-bye.

7. Agreed.

I used to think of the kid as somewhat wise, until I figured out that most, or even all of his \"knowledge\" came from copying and posting references from wickipedia.

On the rare occasions when he would voice his personal opinion (void of wickipedia information), the context refelcted that of an immature smart ass, not an understanding or openminded individual.

This is just my personal opinion, and obviously others here feel differently towards the guy. I didnt know him personally so it doesnt necessarily reflect who he is as a person, its more of a reflection of who he was as a contributer to this forum.

8. This doesn\'t really surprise me, but it\'s still kinda weird that he\'s gone.

9. 100% false dude.

I banned him due to the HORRIBLE things he said about RMJL. Period. He deserved it.

Is it fair he hasnt been banned for doing things wed ban anyone else for? no. thats reason. Its only fair dude.

10. He may of been childish and all..but it still doesnt give us a right to go out and bash him like several members are. We were doing exactly what he was.

11. R_M was once a great member here. He was even being considered for a moderator position before his postings started going down hill... Something happened along the lines and he started posting huge amounts of disrespect. Most of this you guys won\'t see as it\'s been deleted, edited, etc... He was given more warnings than most (given the fact that he did have a lot of quality posts, and everyone slips up here and there)... Recently he was given a 1 month temp ban, from which he returned bitter and with an even worse attitude than before. His banning was brought on by no one but himself, and I would have done it myself had I seen the thread in time.

I\'ll miss R_M, as we did have some good convo\'s -- but I have no remorse in the fact that he was banned. He deserved it. Plain and simple.

12. I\'ve got to be honest, I liked the guy and will miss his humour, intelligent posts and ability to kick ass in all situations. I\'m surprised at his final outburst, but that doesn\'t spoil what he contributed over the months.

Rasta, you did what you did, I\'m sure an intelligent guy like you had his reasons. Shame it had to go down like this, you contributed a lot to the atmosphere here and you will be missed.

Best of luck in everything you do, let me know if you\'re ever in the UK and I\'ll sort you a baggy:)

MelT

13. Exactly What I said. And I\'ll go right back at those members, and defend Rasta.

14. you can always make a new account, no biggy :)

15. Not so easy... Really...

16. Yeah I thought he was a well educated relatively mature person for a while but I did start to think differently when I noticed almost all of his sources were Wikipedia. I\'m only a few years older than him, but I think he has a lot of growing up to do. He made some good arguments, but was very close-minded when it came down to it.

\"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.\" - Aristotle

17. Sure, you can. but if i see the IP is the same, im banning him again.

And truth be told, if he really didnt like the city, why would he want to make another username.

18. aw really?
    i don\'t belive you\'re 18 either haha
    i\'ll miss your witty remarks

19. but the IP ban will only apply to people who carry the same IP always, which idk who does that anymore..

20. if a new member came back here with a positive attitude, what are we supposed to do. but the minute that member starts acting up, done.

Thats how it should be. It isnt \"secure\", and probably does allow old members that have been banned access...

But if we go by the rules and treat everyone the same... then in theory, the member in question with a new username is pointless, and useless. if they can make great posts, more power to em. there not causing problems anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.