Goodbye my good friend.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by nomad881, Feb 3, 2014.

1. At 12:20 today my best friend/grandmother/mom passed away. I don't know her actual age, we always joked about it..but she was in her 60s at least. She wasn't the best person on paper, ex heroin addict,forger, scammer, and a chain smoker who didn't believe I should smoke pot . But she was brilliant, one of the smartest nurses I've ever met, smarter than most doctors even. I never knew why she stayed a nurse. She was hilarious in that crazy old lady way,and could always make anyone smile. She was more generous to me than my own mother, kinder... We shared allot, and through everything she was my best friend,the one person I've ever really relied on my entire life. My whole life, and the lives of everyone who truly knew her are forever changed by her passing. Even though I've had many people die in my life,none has affected me more than she, not even my father. I believe it's because I knew she was a truly great person, pure GOOD all the way through, but not morally superior, she was flawed, but those flaws humanized her and made her goodness shine even brighter. I hope to see you again one day, Lauren mattson, my dear friend. Perhaps you'll meet me outside the gates. knives heated dull red release sweet smoky nectar I am lifted high

2. im sorry for your loss, it sounds like you guys were really close. keep your head up though, life keeps moving. i never had the opportunity to meet and know any of my grandparents, cherish the time you did have with them. 

3. #3 Bamboobam, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    I'm sorry for your loss and I know it's something really hard to go through. Stay strong for her and she will always be watching over you. Trust me. My grandmother passed away almost 2 years ago and it has got to be one of the hardest things I've been through in my life. There have been times since then that I was scared and not sure of certain things, and things always turned for the better. When they do, I always think of her and thank her for watching over me. Even recently, if there are things that reminds me of her, I get emotional at times just because I know she's still with me. It sounds like you had a great relationship with her which means you will always have great memories of her to look back on. She seemed like a great person overall even through her mistakes, she came out on top to become a better person. May she R.I.P.

4. i give you my condolences.

may she rest in the afterlife.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm sorry for your lost man,No one should lose there love one..My Grandma is 90 and she is dying also,I know how hard it is to loose someone close to u

6. Sorry for your loss bud.
    I hope she had good life..

Sent from my Microwave using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Your avatar makes me sick. But I have problems with armpits.