Goodbye Mary my Friend

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mrvaporist, Aug 22, 2012.

1. So last week I met with my kidney transplant team, they asked me a bunch of questions about drug use I only us mj and don't smoke or drink. I always never totally tell the truth about my use but with how serious this is I figured I would be honest with them. I told them I use herb a couple times a week and it helps me with my medical issues gives me a appetite, helps with nausea, etc. Now they won't list me unless I stop using mj and they wanna piss test me 3 different times and will probably do more after that. I gotta play there game for awhile or die from not getting the organ I need. It really sucks because Im not even to the point where they'll transplant me and at that point I know that I would really benefit from using my medicine. It boggles my mind on how they want you to be half dead before they'll give you a organ even if you have people who are willing to donate theirs.

2. That's why I didn't tell them I smoked before my heart transplant..I was even high when they called me in but shhhh..hope it works out for you man if you have any questions pm me I'm kinda a transplant expert now

3. if it's life or death i'd lie man. Thats fucked up though weed is NOT bad for your kidneys man(as far as i know). I piss dark gold but thats not the weed it's other things i believe...

4. Yeah man, its cool to be honest on a regular checkup but on a serious condition, they can't do it.

They're fucked like that...because nothing bad will happen :eek:. Just don't go in baked when you get the transplant...at least it'd be more safe not too

I don't know what medication they put you under.

5. fuck them...LIE

LIE
    LIE
    LIE
    LIE...

if they ask, tell them you quit...wait until after the operation to resume...then LIE if they ask again.

6. Not all hospitals are this barbaric!

OHSU eases marijuana restriction for transplant patients (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.statesmanjournal.com/viewart/20120720/NEWS/307200026/OHSU-eases-marijuana-restriction-for-transplant-patients?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

And [/FONT]mrvaporist, [FONT=&quot]you may wish to share this with all of your doctors!

[/FONT] Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model. (full – 2011) Targeting cannabinoid receptors as a novel approach in the treatment of graft-versus-host disease: Evidence from an experimental murine model

Short translation- Cannabis use may lessen the chance of rejection! :eek:

Guys, most of you just want to get high, but for folks like mrvaporist, legalization can be a matter of life or death! Become an activist!

Headlines like these MUST STOP!

[FONT=&quot]Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant (news – 2009)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Woman Dies After Being Denied Organ Transplant | Students for Sensible Drug Policy[/FONT]

The Denial of Organ Transplants to Medical Marijuana Patients (news – 2011) Russ Belville: The Denial of Organ Transplants to Medical Marijuana Patients

Cancer Patient Taken Off Of Liver Transplant List Because Of Medical Marijuana Use
    [FONT=&quot](news – 2011) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]ASA : Cancer Patient Taken Off Of Liver Transplant List Because Of Medical Marijuana Use[/FONT]

This is NOT right! And when something is wrong, you try to fix it!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Granny :wave:

7. shit.
    i wanted to say in b4 granny posts.
    fuck.

8. I lie everytime I'm asked if the reason they're asking is because I need to qualify. It's just better to play it safe man, it sucks we have to hide it but until decriminalization or legalization come through they could deny you just for weed.

9. in b4 granny

10. Thanks Granny for all of that. Yeah I told them that I did quit which I did Ive been feeling pretty crappy on and off the past week. I was thinking about starting up again after they piss test me the 3 times but I may be risking it because Im at there mercy and they could test me again then im screwed. I was thinking about finding a different hospital then not telling them about my use but I'm not sure because of the insurance I get I may be limited.

11. Man this is such a shitty situation for you.. I feel truly sorry reading this.

Hope you get the transplant swiftly and safely and make a speedy recovery! If you've got questions, give your insurance company a call and see if it isn't too late to switch places, the herb is good for you and if you can you'll want to use it to feel good before and after your op. I am pulling for you OP!

12. I went and researched hospitals around the area that do transplants, I have government insurance and the only other hospital around here just started turning away medicaid patients last year because theres no money in it for them. It sucks the health care system is all about money. Im just gonna take a t break until I get my kidney then it'll be like my first time toking again.

13. We're supposed to be able to trust doctors to do whatever is best for us. It's complete bs, unless the weed could somehow affect your transplant. Tell them you quit smoking weed and started drinking daily, see what they say to that.

14. your a paranoid fool if you lie to your doctor...

telling them the truth can mean life or death in some situations

15. LIAR!

ha

16. I personally think weed does nothing wrong for to the body and you should be able to smoke, but Op what the fuck is wrong with you and the rest of The people on this thread? This shouldnt even be a question to ask. Are you really such a pothead that you are looking at other hospitals just because you don't wanna quit smoking for a few months? I think a kidney transplant is more important then smoking weed. Lol How much nausea can you have that you can't stop smoking?

Reading this thread makes me understand societies views on weed and why they think it makes you a dumb stupid hippy. Reading these post honestly pissed me off a little bit, but of course you should listen to all stoners advise because I forgot all of you are medical doctors who perform kidney transplants everyday....

17. Good luck with your transplant. Would have been best to lie, but props for being honest.

Anywho you'll be back with Mary soon enough