good weed from bag seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gr0wer, May 24, 2003.

1. Right now my operation consists of all bag seed. I have 4 healthy plants from bags i didnt smoke so i wouldnt know the quality. And 4 germinating seeds, 2 just cracked open a hour ago, these are from a bag of shit regs i smoked last night. I can post a pic of the bag but you guys will be disgusted. My question is can i get some killer weed as long as i seperate the males, use ferts, and hps? Or is it 100% in the genetics of how thre weed looks and smokes? I would prefer some replies from people who have bagseed grow experience. Thanks

2. if you do what you said, you can only at best get some chronic reggie (regs)

it'll be good reggie, but thats all it can be, genetics is a bitch :)

3. but isnt regs just becaus eof the seeds use up energy to make thc and makes the weed more grassy? and loose

4. nah..all weed has genetics...came from its mommy ya know :)

and that matters too, the seedyness...but ya cant change the make up of the plant itself

as I said..it'd then become good reggie, but the said :)

5. I'm afraid I have to disagree with stylez on this one. All my grows have been from bag seed, and as long as you weed out the males and give it plenty of tlc you will end up with much better weed than you smoked from the bag. Some of the best sativa I've ever smoked was grown from seeds found in compressed mex. shwag. Yes, genetics is a factor, but it isn't the "be all" and "end all" of growing killer buds. When smoking my indoor with people they always said it was some of the best bud they have ever had. Bag seed can also be used for breeding. After inbreeding the above mentioned sativa for several generations, I crossed it with an indica from bag seed and the resulting hybrid produced amazingly good bud. Don't count out your bag seed weed until you smoke it.

6. whoa its been awhile since i've posted.but ya i agree with clonemeister awhile ago i started 4 plants from bag seed and 2 were male 2 female i killed the males got them far away from the grow room .and just took care of the plants day by day i was in the grow room at least 4 or 5 times a day after work and befor work.i have alrdy harvested and cured that weed now im smokein it and its been getting me right stoned.
    :)