Good way to practice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by meridian6, Feb 6, 2013.

1. I currently live in a state where marijuana is still completely illegal, sadly. I'm really interested in growing, but I don't want to deal with the risk of getting caught here. I'm planning on moving somewhere such as Colorado after I graduate in two years (unless of course weed is made legal in this state by then) in order to start a grow op.

Since I have some time before then, I was just curious as to whether there's some good plants that grow in a similar way to marijuana that I could grow in my apartment here that would give me some great experience working with and caring for plants.

Thanks

2. Grow hydroponic cherry tomatos, or any variety of tomatos.

Herbs such as Basil also.

In my experience Basil is harder than growing weed.

Any gardening will help you, Hydroponic or dirt, doesn't matter, just get into it.

3. If you do not want to invest in serious lighting then tomatoes aren't a great option indoor unless you like to practice failure. Any plants that produce fruit are going to have high light requirements.

Do you have a balcony or patio that you can put plants on? A spare room where a small floro setup could be placed?

4. I wouldn't have any problem buying lights if they were reasonable price. I have a little living room area that no one uses that I could use as a garden/floral area so space wouldn't be an issue. What kind of lights would I need and how much would they be give or take?

5. Led are a good light if u find cheep one look on amazon or eBay i use LEDs and there great all the way around