Good water chiller? Help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by cinderellax, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive water chiller? I have a 600W light and I can't get my water in the system down from 80 degrees. This is a new set up, here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Try putting reflective tape and insulation on the buckets.

Black will just absorb heat like crazy.

With small diameter tubing going and split out like you have it, a "cheap" (small) chiller isn't going to be able to keep up.

Figure out how many gallons you need to keep cool, it looks to me you have about 15?

3. Threes only 10 gallons running. Can a cheap chilled keep up with that? I also only have 3 clones but will have the 4th Monday.

4. A 1/10 hp should be fine, but you have to take your flow rate into account and you have to insulate those buckets.

Get the biggest one you can afford as it really helps when you expand IMO.

5. Sweet, we actually just bought a 1/10th HP. Just have to wait for it to be delivered.

btw, why is this happening to me? Do you know how much money i've dished out so far? And now I have insulate buckets? lol wtf...screw insulating the buckets and "hoping" it works, i'll just go with the chiller.

6. It feels that way, but if you do a cost effective analysis, your cost per oz is still very low.

Insulating the buckets will help keep the chiller from over working.

7. Foil taping is such a bitch!

9 Buckets + a controller bucket...think I'm going to try a 1/2 hp chiller.

8. With 1/2 hp you won't have any problem.

Try some insulating duct wrap around the buckets.

Reflective and foam insulation.