Good TV series

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by ZEROBS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Check out True Detective and Generation Kill

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. we are waiting to start the new OA season... netflix shows get put to the side as there are non netflix shows on netflix going away soon that takes time to watch... those sucky contracts where your fav show is about to leave ( Hawaii Five o )

3. Damn your list has almost all my favorite shows on it and from the show you listed I think you would like.
    The magicians like 3-4 seasons
    Deadly class
    marvel runaways
    I watched the flash and super girl but not something I keep up on.
    If you are interested in anime 3 of my favorites are bleach, hunterxhunter, black clover to name a few.

4. The wire was the show to win bigtime ...over time

as me and everyone else back in the day watched the Sopranoes

...so gives you an idea how old this shit is mid 90's?

HBO has plans on releasing The Wire in HD format

also back in the day in Europe anyways the Police didn't like the wire being on TV

as many of their current methods of capture were revealed in the Wire (true)

things like phone boxing and dumbass entrapement tricks are shit these days

but the wire did show the level of tech required to catch crimes

not that it made an ounce of difference

5. Barry
    Barry
    Barry
    Barry

and fuckin uuuuuh

BARRY

6. The Flash is the best show on T.V.

7. Right now?
    Perpetual Grace Ltd.
    If you've seen stuff like Breaking Bad and Fargo it kind of plays in the same neighbourhood.
    ...and has Jimmi Simpson and this slightly well known guy Ben Kingsley.

Animated?
    On netflix I've seen a few interesting ones. Big Mouth & F is for Family for more adult oriented, Final Space, Disenchanted (one by the creator of the Simpsons/Futurama), The Dragon Prince (Some ppl behind Atlab).

Agreed on the Flash...to an extent. I feel like it's getting a bit samey now. But if you like the characters and the dialogue etc, even if you're not enjoying the food, it's still dinner with the family kinda thing. I think it carried the Arrowverse in it's first couple of seasons.

I mean...do you only need current suggestions? Because I will suggest the fuck out of old stuff I've worked up in my head to be amazing.

8. True detectives season 1 is amazing. Actually filmed in lake Charles Louisiana where I am originally from. There is a big city there but series only shows the boondocky areas.

9. The First Series was great (True D) the 2nd season don't bother. HBO actually apologized in a statement a while back, basically for being so shittie. Generation Kill is great! A few more, sry if someone already posted.

Angry Boys. (Anything with Chris Lilley is pretty good)

Legion (Don't bother trying to flow if your stoned). First started watching it after I had surgery (Didn't leave my room for months) and was blasted on Hydromorphone. Of course I didn't follow or remember a damn thing but cool show...Although it can get a little tuff to follow sometimes.

WestWorld

BlackMirror

American Gods

Sealab

Upright Citizens Brigade

Dexter

Ozark

Prob forgetting most of them but those above are great, imo!

10. I havn't seen 1983 or Power.. but I was watching Sopranos while everyone was watching the Wire, which I got later of the 2 the wire wins ..lol Boardwalk empire took a bit to get into but again was a great run..all in the family is a collectors effort if any and a must if you see it in a bargain bin..and then some fucker stole my TV

good luck

11. have you watched any Stargate?

and have you watched El Camino (the Breaking Bad spinoff movie) yet?

oh-- and Trailer Park Boys; if you have a few brain cells to spare ;)

12. Random genres in random order. Firefly, Wings, Frasier, King of the Hill, All in the family, almost all of the Star Trek shows, Cheers, Becker (Also staring Ted Danson), Seinfeld and Mike and Molly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 MaxForsyth, Sep 1, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    Looking back at your list of TV shows from four years ago, it's clear you had quite the range of series you were enjoying. From the classics like "Buffy" to more recent hits like "Supergirl," your taste in shows is diverse and captivating.
    Back then, you might have been exploring various options for your TV entertainment. If you were ever interested in trying something new, did you know about iptvroku? It's an interesting avenue for enhancing your viewing experience.
    Thanks for sharing your TV journey with us. It's fascinating to see how our entertainment choices evolve over time.