Good to start flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by aaronschoice, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Been veggies for a month topped all but the smallest thinking I won't top so it catches up to others
    1000 watt light with fox farm soil and perlite fox farm nutes

Having trouble with water run off might bring a kiddie pool in here idk yet
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. You can flower whenever you want. Plants get 2/3 x times bigger during flower, depends on the strain.

What size conatiners are those?

• Like Like x 1
  3. 5 gallon fabrics and small is 3 gallon just transplanted today into it

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 cookieplease, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    I water my 5 gal pots in the shower and back to tent after drain. Maybe not feasible but def figure out something to allow good runoff.
    On flip, I'd give em couple weeks if possible. The little ones will be busy rooting after transplant; with a 1k light you have a lot of opportunity to maximize yield. Longer veg bigger yields

5. Yea I've decided to wait another week
    I'm also draining in shower but I'm afraid they gonna be too big todo that with come close to harvest

6. I wish I'd come up with a better method but the shower four feet away helps! Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just use one of these. It comes in different sizes. I put it on top of an inclined pedestal and the run off runs down to a drain with a bucket underneath.

black4x4IDtray.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great idea are those in garden sections at big box stores? So a bit of an incline with a hole and drain bucket underneath?

• Like Like x 1
  9. #10 MickFoster, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    I bought mine at the local hydro shop - I have never seen them at the box stores - made by botanicare. There is already a hole in it - I put on a drain plug on it so I could attach a 1/2" hose if I needed to. I made the frame out of pvc and put a piece of plywood over it for stability.

3 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 2