Good strain for depression/anxiety

Discussion in 'General' started by jaykewashere, Nov 26, 2011.

1. yea man, that's the worst sensation imo. just remember the saying "you can't go numb to death" haha.

but yea, those are the keywords, you "hate it". it seems like the stronger fear you have of something, the more likely you are to experience it while high haha. like a self-fulfilling prophecy it seems

i said that to myself to help arrest the paranoia

2. [quote name='"Exodus2011"']

yea dude, i soooo know the feeling lol.

one thing that helps me is do some research on the "autonomic nervous system". its an entire part of your nervous sytem dedicated to controlling functions like breathing, heartrate, etc. there's no logical reason to worry about it cuz the autonomic nervous system will make sure you are just fine :)

haha i know it wont help in the middle of a bout of paranoia, you just gotta work on your life overall first though. i notice when i'm honestly doing my best at life, actually LIVING, i never get paranoia

i have a hypothesis that paranoia/anxiety is your subconscious' way of kicking you in the pants to LIVE your life, not just let life pass you bye.[/quote]

I'm still being tested on but the docs best guess now is anxiety disorder ( since I get panic attacks ) he thinks my thyroid is pumping adrenaline to my body more than normal . I have un controllable tremors since I was a small child . I don't think my problems can be "cured" but I know some weeds help more than others for different things so is why I'm asking and thanks again appreciate your input I will look into it

3. oh you have anxiety disorder? pm me then, i have some experience with panic attacks and anxiety haha

4. Thank you it's nice to find someone who has the same experience as me and yes I do have an underlining fear death and it just makes it worse that's why I want to wait to do unmentionables

5. wow lol, you are a lot like me. yes, its best to do THOSE unmentionables in a comfortable position in life. hmm, idk i can't say i'm fully comfortable with death either, my best advice for helping to get rid of underlying/overarching anxiety/paranoia in general is to go out and do the things you have always wanted to do.

go to school, apply for that job, ask that girl out, go to the mountains, start that business. just try to live your life in the way YOU want to as much as possible. cuz when you are busy living life you are too busy to worry about it ending in my experience haha

seriously, try it, next time you are paranoid about death, write down a few realistic, achievable goals that you would like to set out on. it gives you something to look forward to and it really really disarms anxiety.

anxiety=general disease and uncertainty about the future. goal setting gives you a sense of control and certainty bout the future, basically the complete opposite of what anxiety is

6. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']

Holy shit I have the same problem one thing I hate is I can't feel myself breathe and then I get very anxious[/quote]

Hahah manually breathing.

7. Anyways back on topic? ;p I'm looking at sativa seeds Hawaii Maui waui , I've searched the shot out of google and no results . Can somebody help me out . I'd like to know how Maui Is from sativa seeds , my friends dad says oldschool hawiaan was great for stress and such .

8. Wow thank you so much and i don't have many goals and most are far off but I will try and with the girl thing I thought that goal was in the bag but now idk

9. I wouldn't recommend unmentionables if you have mental health issues. I'm not judging you just sayin , I have love for all my blades

10. Hey man sorry to hijack

11. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']

Hey man sorry to hijack[/quote]

It's all good maan . Now that I think about it your making my thread get more replies since your keeping it at the top , thanks .. More replies = more help

12. hmmm well about the girl, i can't just say "go out there and bump uglies with every other fish in the sea" cuz every fish is different haha.

you were the one who made the thread about the girl you liked fudging another guy correct?

however, you can't deny that fact, there ARE a lot of other girls out there. yes, not the same, but still lots of potential for a great gf if you are willing to go out there and do the talking and stuff.

that still doesn't change how sucky the situation is, but eventually you will have to get over it, one way or another. sucks but thats life i guess you cud say :(

13. Yep that was me I know there's lots of fish in the sea but it's hard to find good ones in highschool she's ether a hallow shell of emotion or very ugly it's hard to find a good mix

14. oh shit. don't even try in high school. you senior right? just wait till the end of it.

teenage girls, especially ones in high school=one of the great travesties of modern times. this seems to be veryyyy common. being stupid as fuck, shallow, bitchy as hell.

ugh i have a bad taste in my mouth. just wait till college, so much more variety, i guarantee you will find a good girl there man. if not college, military, job, any of them have wayyyyyyy better options

15. Thanks man it like I finally find who I think is my dream girl sexy, funny, likes good music, smokes beacuse she likes it not beacuse it's cool, can hold a inteligent conversation and most importantly seems interested in me at first we're going good we're hanging out I don't want to make a move beacuse that's why she dumped her last bf but then she stops being able to hangout but she acts like nothing's wrong and still seems to enjoy talking with you ( like this one time I was testing her and she said she was downtown with a friend I said I haven't been downtown in a while she says I should come I ask if it would be cool If I hung with them she says she just wants a girls day) but I still treat her so well I smoke her up I give her CDs I pay for lunch and hows she repay me starts to fuck one of my friends who knows I like her and then when he's in the bathroom she gets bored and fucks my other friend

16. I swear to God super lemon haze!!!

17. Um Sour Diesel like many other strains usually icreases anxiety but that would mostly be from malnutrishen but if your diet is good than White Widow and or Cherry Kush with and Dutch Passion Blueberry Kush are very effective for anxiety and depression if you can get your hands on those legit strains.

18. Needing drugs to be comfortable in your own body will only make it worse in the long run.

19. Hey dude you should check out Kali Mist from Serious Seeds. It's a 50/50 sativa indica cross.. it's such a relaxing, calming type of high that just makes you feel like your getting lost, sinking deep into your sofa but also has the soaring head high sativa aspect of it that is very sociable and great for heading out or spending time with friends but not too intense that any paranoia is brought on. the indica and sativa qualities of this strain seem to cancel each other out but also enhance each other perfectly. Definitely in my top 5 strains of all time. Hope this helped buddy - that would be my recommendation.

20. I personally like a strong indica for anxiety and relaxation. It's that strong body high presence that makes me relax. I equate it to a hug. Most people want to hug/be held when upset or crying. Just like a new born baby being swaddled is calming. A good indica always makes me just breathe a good sigh of relief and then once I'm calm I have the inner strength to deal with most situations. Sativas usually give me a good head high/energy boost. I usually get paranoid cuz I usually smoke Sativas during the day for road trips, shopping, and othe activities. Being out in public I try not to look or act completely blazed, and that causes some unintended paranoia if I'm really stoned.