Good strain for beginners?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whiteka6, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I keep reading about using bag seeds but the last time I found seeds in my weed was like 3 years ago. great dealers ftw

I think I'm gonna go with a hydroponic setup too since there is a hydroponic store across the street from my apartment.

2. Attitude Seed Bank is about the best to order from. People ask that alot..whats a beginner seed. I find that there all about the same at least imo. They all require the same stuff..food, light, air, water. Its a organism not a game with levels. There are ones more finicky but usually if your growing properly any strain is easy.

I just finished up with a Paradise Seeds Wappa grow was about as easy as it gets I guess. Just watered nuted flipped the lights watered nutes some more waited till flowering was done and chopped her. Was pretty effortless.

Beginner advanced should be more applied to the grow.

3. Should I order 1 seed or 10 seeds

4. Order more then 1...sometimes there duds. Also whats cool is you usually get almost as many free seeds as you order sometimes depending on the promotion. Just throw it in the basket to see what there offering.

5. Beginner grower? Keep it simple. I would start with soil so you can get the basics down first.

You can use coco choir instead of regular soil if you want basics of how the plants react to the nutrients directly. Don’t start mixing nutrients like a mad scientist. Just use your basics and don’t buy into the used car salesmen hype that the guys who work at your local hydro shop will give you.

Skunk #1 is a good beginner strain to start with. OG's are popular but can be more difficult for beginners if they're not hybridized.

6. Like Phenotype said go with soil. Personally, I'd stay away from anything else since you're just starting. Coco will require PH adjusting since coco grown plants like a PH of 6.3. If you grow in soil you won't have to worry about PH adjusting you'll just feed and water. I'd look for an Indica if I was you since Sativas could be serious bitches to grow. OG Kush is one of the hardest strains to grow definitely stay away from that. I'd go with a afghani kush dominant strain they can handle feedings well and if you over feed it you won't kill it also afghani dominant strains are going to give a higher THC content than a skunk dominant strain which usually tests around 7-9%. I'd also look at seed breeders such as:

Serious Seeds
    Sensi Seeds
    Dutch Passion
    Paradise

All of the above breeders have F1's. I really enjoyed the AK-47 from Serious Seeds it's a great producer, heavy hitter, and easy grower. I also enjoyed the Blueberry from Dutch Passion but it's a little more a difficult Indica to grow since it likes a whole lot of magnesium for some reason?