Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Good Starting BONG (??)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeySeeMeRollin, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Im currently thinking of buying a bong because ive only been smoking weed with friends of mine with THEIR bong and THEIR weed. Ive decided to buy my own bong and weed and I need some tips and stuff.

Id like to know which bong should I buy as a good starter. Id prefer a glass bong than acrylic.

Also, ive been looking on the website for a good bong, and i was wondering if the stems come with the bong, or do u have to buy it separately?

2. The object that holds the marijuana is called a slide, not a stem.
    And whichever bong you want really, there's no specific "start bong". :)

3. Thick glass and relatively cheap.

4. Lol i wasnt sure bout that "stem" thing i hesitated btw that and "slide".

But still, im sure there are some good bongs and some bad bongs, I just wanna make sure im not gonna spend my money on something useless or cheap.

Also, you didnt answer if the slide comes with the bong or not.

5. Yes, well I would hope so :p
    But yes it should

And just get something that looks as if it has thick glass. And a reasonable bowl to how much you smoke

6. my first bong was fashioned out of a jar... you should just make one, then spend all your money on weeeeed :smoking:

7. Also, don't buy one that looks like a dragon....

8. Nah id really prefer a bong, its just... more BADASS lol. And fun.

9. I would go with the molino line here at grasscity. They are >100 USD.

It is relatively cheap compared to higher end companies like SG or Toro.

10. It really depends what you are looking for to be honest. Do you prefer straight tubes or beaker tubes? Do you want a cheap perc or no perc at all?

Get one with an ice catch, you'll thank me later

EDIT: btw, do not get one with a carb hole... even if it says it has a carb hole plug, just avoid if you can

11. #14 Chongman, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
  12. Nice bongs in this thread. Now im going to have to order one

13. ehle, weedstar, blaze are all relatively good starter pieces. Ehle is going to be the best quality, very similar to a roor (i actually think Ehle is the new roor.us, but thats just me) hell depending on how much you plan on dropping is going to be the main factor. under $100 go Ehle or weedstar *i have standards, even for cheap glass* over $100, start looking at higher end labels. stay the hell away from chinese glass, you'll thank me later and stick with a 3 piece, dont get lead glass w/ the rubber grommet, ive got 1, and only 1 person actually likes to smoke out of it, everyone else is "give me the roor, or give me the tall boy" (tall boy is a 3ft double 6 arm that i got hella cheap)