Good starter soil?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dabuddha1013, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Ok so i got a question. This is my first time grow and Ive been reading up on a lot of different soil mixes and none of them really "hit the spot" with me i guess. I thought of a mix and im not sure if its going to do any good or if anyone has ever tried it before. I was thinking 1/4 Perlite 1/4 Vermiculite 1/4 worm castings 1/4 Indonesian Bat Guano or searbird guano. My thought process was i need to keep it light with perlite, yet obsorbunt with vermiculite, then high phosphorous and potassium with the worm castings and guano for root strength and development. Am i missing something? is there something more or less i should add? Thanks guys, this site rocks.

2. Where's the soil? What your proposeing sounds more like a hydroponic set-up.

3. Hi, I'm new here too. I've been gathering a lot of good information as I go. From what I've heard from a number of people is Fox Farms Ocean Forest is a great mix. Havn't used it yet, picked up a bag today. Looks like some very nice stuff. Check out their website. Hope this helps.

4. Also a noob but I'd go with FFOF like Peeby was saying.. If you do end up making that crazy mix dont use nutes for awhile cuz it sounds like they'd already be pushing nute burn with what you have alrdy.. Is their ne dirt in that lol? check sum of the other threads theirs a couple I've read that talk about homemade mixes..

If I'm wrong about this PLEASE correct me GC, just throwing my two cents in with my little knowledge bank..