good soil mix?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grimm420, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I'm looking for some good cheap soil, preferably stuff I dont need to add nutes or ferts just water, and I'm looking at more local mixes and needed to find out if anyone knew if this looked good or not.

Ingredients: Compost, peanut hull, aged pine bark, lava sand, coir, diatomite, wormcastings, ages pecan shell, sheep manure, cotton burr compost, rabbit manure, expanded shale, soft rock phosphate humate and sea minerals.

2. Why don't you want to buy nutes fOr 5 bucks? Your plants won't produce much without them. You can get whatever soil you want, just get a bag of perlite and mix 1 perlite to 3 parts soil to help with drainage.

3. #3 Scars, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    That is a great soil mix with lots of variety. The only things I would look to add are Alfalfa meal, Kelp meal, and some Espoma Tomato Tone Organic plant food.

For each amendment, add 1 cup per cubic foot of soil, then let it bake for about 4-6 weeks before using. All you would have to do then is water only.

Also, with all due respect to the other poster, you do not need to buy nutrients separately for plants to produce. As long as you have a variety of different food sources within the soil, the plant will take what it needs to make bud.

4. yea, I was really just looking for something easy, something I wont have to worry too much about frying my plants with nutes.

5. [quote name='"ALTER EG0"']

That is a great soil mix with lots of variety. The only things I would look to add are Alfalfa meal, Kelp meal, and some Espoma Tomato Tone Organic plant food.

Also, with all due respect to the other poster, you do not need to buy nutrients separately for plants to produce. As long as you have a variety of different food sources within the soil, the plant will take what it needs to make bud.[/quote]

sure you can grow a plant without adding nutes but it's not going to grow to it's max potential and it decreases your wattage per gram ratio