good software for video editing?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Player2, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Hello, me and my friends are planning to make a short film and we need suggestions for a good program for editing video. We need a good program that can take .mov files that our cannon makes and will let us make a movie with titles and effects and cuts and other shit like that. I tried adobe premier before in high school, but besides that, i have next to fuck all experience with these kinds of programs, anybody have suggestions?

2. Vegas is really good and not super hard to learn. It's easier than adobe

I mean you could do the basic shit with Windows Movie Maker. It just depends how complex the project is. But if wmm isn't enough I'd definitely go with Vegas

3. +1 for Sony Vegas. There are some really good tutorials on YouTube for Vegas to get you started or for advanced effects (matrix-like).

4. Vegas is good, and so is adobe. I'd say adobe is more advanced, and Vegas has more user tutorials out there I think

5. Alright, thanks for the suggestions, ill give vegas a try, ive seen it before but ive never tried it. Is there anything else or is it just adobe, sony, and windows movie maker(hahaha)?

6. If you got a Mac get final cut pro looks real cool never used it.Sony Vegas is awesome pretty hard though