Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

good scale suggestions

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by civicmark, Sep 8, 2005.

1. I'm looking to get a good scale, something that measure to within .01g, and not one of those cheap $25 ones off ebay. I need something that's going to last me for a while. I thought i'd ask in this area, hoping you guys dont say 'get a $19 one off ebay'

2. you know what my last dealer had that i loved? a triple beam balance. it always cracked me up =) don't know what to recommend to ya, though - so good luck!

3. I bought one at my headshop for $35. .01 gram accuracy. Very fucking accurate. Things the shit.

I jus called them and asked whats the cheapest digis they got that go within .01 accuracy, He told me $40, Come in he'll hook me up.

I went in that night, He hooked me up with the scale for $40, Along with a free new issue of Hightimes, 5 blunts of my choice, A pack of papers, And a 10 pack of incencse.

$40 aient bad for a digi.

4. why not? mines last me about a year and a half now you just have to take care of it like any scale

5. I've had two of the cheaper ones off ebay and both have wigged out on me. (couldnt give accurate readings, couldnt get a constant weight. I cleaned them often, and cared for them pretty well, but they just got messed up(over about a 6 month period). I'm looking for something that will last me a long time

6. The good thing about a triple-beam is that is more reliable than any digi you'll find. Computers can make errors based on programming malfunctions, but the physics of a triple-beam will never lie. The bad thing is that they aren't very portable.

Anyway, if you want a digi, this is what I found for ya:
    http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=215

7. The scale that I have is the shit. Let me tell you that it has been through a lot and still kicking. First some random coke dealer had it, then my cousin took it, he had it for a couple year, gave it to me, and I have had it since about December. I have dropped it numberous times and the cover and scale is very durable. http://balance.balances.com/scales/21. It's an Ohaus 120. I would highly recommend it, never did me wrong.

8. Same for mine Joker

I've dropped it fumbling for my keys directly on to asphalt and it's never failed me. It reads to the point fast an accurate every time.

Thats why you don't buy shit scales off ebay...for maybe 3 or 4x the money you get a euro/jap or american made scale with a simple yet highly effective cap driven counterweight.

It's not based on using the measuring device as the sole contact point rather it's like a keyboard key in design. This can take a beating while a cheap model's wires will bend an break sooner or later.

9. Ohaus triple beam.....

the standard of small scale accuracy for decades....not cheap, not very portable...but last forever. An dead nuts accurate.

not digital...not cool....old school bullit proof never fail scales...

10. I'd like to get a triple-beam scale, i don't really trust digital ones. I don't carry a scale because that can get you into a lot of trouble.