Good RPGs on PC?

Discussion in 'General' started by joshy, Aug 22, 2003.

1. After battling through Eastern Europe, East Africa, and Cuba in Ghost Recon and the expansion packs, and fiddling around a little in The Sims, I reloaded Diablo 2 for some good old hack&slash gameplay.

Anywhos, I've already beat it, and I was wondering what else is good in RPGs these days. First off, NO turn-based, I hate them (Fallout would be perfect, but TB). I tried to warm up to Baulder's Gate 2, but didn't really like it too much. Nox was pretty good, but didn't compare to Diablo 1 or 2 IMO. So whats a good one that needs to be checked out?

2. Morrowind is one of my favorites, and Dungeon Siege is pretty decent (it's a lot like diablo) despite being a microsoft game.

If you want something free and fun Angband is pretty cool. That's about as turn based as you get though.

3. all the might and magic games 6-9 are good, but only 9 has really good graphics. They're kinda old now though so you might have trouble finding them. Then there's star wars galaxies, thats pretty good, but its expensive because it's an online game and they charge $15 a month.

4. I wanna buy an xbox just for morrowind. But I will probably hold out til I get a brand spankin new computer and get it on the pc.
    Man. I think I'm going to go to a gamestop and buy an NES and an SNES and some Legend of Zelda games. And Chronotrigger.. I feel like chillin in front of the tv with some great RPGs.. yeahyeah..

5. ChronoTrigger is the shit. It's the only cartridge based RPG I own. What I like to do when I get bored is download ZSNES and a bunch of SNES games and play them on my computer. It's a lot of fun to go back and play games you haven't played in a while.

6. I wasted an entire summer on Ultima Online once. Even though there's a monthly charge, I could point you in the right direction for playing free player-run servers, or setting up your own.

If you're not into MMORPGs, then yeah, I second Morrowind. It's better for PC because you can get all the expansions, and download (or make your own) plug-ins/maps.

Neverwinter Nights is pretty good if you're looking for something with both single and multiplayer. It should be dirt cheap now that the expansion is out.

7. ^ Yup Neverwinter Nights is only $30 now most places, and its a great game
    Morrowind is also a great game, but nither compare to

Divine Divinity, its a cheap one that came out like 8 months ago, but its such a great game, the only other person I now of that appreciates it as much as I do is Greg Vedderman from PC Gamer.

8. I once used to be adicted to diablo 2 .. played for a year or 2 off and on .. i think weed got my unadicted to it..

9. theres this online mmorpg that ive been playing off and on for like 3 years. www.nexustk.com it costs 10 bucks a month, but its an allright game.

10. Hmm... Everquest, or Star Wars Galaxies if you're into MMORPG. Baulder's Gate is decent, so is Neverwinter Nights. Final Fantasy VII, or any other FF game. I can't think of anything else atm.

11. lol EVERQUEST...........that game is really fuckin awesome......so is SWQ/horizons I'm beta for them both...BUY them you guys its really good....EQ is addicting tho thats why I quit after I got really far because of school.