Good Organic source of Sulfur?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by LivingCanvas, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Hey everyone! I'm having what I believe is a sulfur issue with my blue widow grow. The new growth at tops is turning bright green on some of the leaf tips and possibly nearing yellowing!

Any suggestions for a good organic sulfur supplement?
    I've seen the epsoma garden sulfur, but I'm not sure the best way to apply it, or if it is even a good solution at this time. :confused:

2. Hiya LC.

Gypsum (calcium sulfate) or epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) or K-MAG
    which is also sold under the name of sul-po-mag all contain sulfur and are acceptable for use in organic farming/agriculture.

Sulfate of potash magnesia or the K-Mag can also be found under the name langbeinite, which is the name of the mineral complex and looks much like rock salt, It is soluble in water, but takes a day or so of soaking in a jug the dissolve.

You can expedite this by putting a bubbler with an airstone on a bucket with this mineral. I use 1 tsp/ga when going for the soildrench but you can also sprinkle a couple of teaspoons around the base of your plant and each time you water, it solubilizes.

Hope this helps,

chunk

3. #3 LivingCanvas, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    Thanks chunk!

I have the Sul-Po-Mag already. Is it better to use it as a top dressing, or dissolve in water and feed?

Any idea as to the availability time, as in is it delayed or immediately plant uptake ready? Suggestion on KMag to water ratio?

Thanks!

4. I finally ended up mixing mine into the soil base. Wasn't going too, but did after a while of disolving it and adding it. Now I just have to water it...easier. Just a thought.

5. Sulfur is very rarely deficient, most likely from what you describe it is Mg deficiency, which is easily fixed with epsom salts. Mix 1TBS/gal of water and you should see the leaves start to green up in a few days. Most plants need very little sulfur, and too much can be toxic.